PDA

View Full Version : Best haircare products readily available in the Netherlands?

hototogisu
August 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Dutchies! I'm an expat living here, and I'm trying to figure out my haircare routine. I know there's a Dutch-language long hair forum out there, so I was hoping you could let this Dutch-less foreigner in on the most beloved products. I use silicones and sulphates (tried SLS and silicone free, my hair didn't like it), and I co-wash. I'm particularly after a great co-wash condish and a GREAT protein treatment.

*Rose Red*
August 27th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Hi,
I´m not dutch, but I was in the Netherlands several times last year, and of course I spent some time with shopping :D I´m a fan of the Dr Organic products, I like their conditioners, I think there are proteins in it, if you like it.

Anya21
August 27th, 2011, 01:56 AM
When i still used drugstore products (i am from Germany , living in Belgium but used to live in the Netherlands) , i used Guhl , slightly more pricey than other drugstore products but very nice !

oktobergoud
August 27th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Hello!
Well, if you like SLS and cones, than I have little advice for you. What is your hair like? The things I like with cones are Andrélon Care & Repair hairmask and leave-in conditioner, looove them! And I love the smell (it is heavily perfumed though). Like this one: http://www.thermopreen.eu/img/(0)andrelon%20creme%20care&repair.jpg It's not very expensive either! However, I think there are people that think Andrélon is bad but eh yeah I don't know, I like it! I had someone tell me that Garnier was BAD and that I should bring it back and that I as absolute hairfreak should know that.. but I still don't know what she was talking about. I love Garnier!

So, Garnier Fructis is another recommendation. I love the Triple Nutrition Line. However, that one is cone-free. But I'm just like you, thought my hair NEEDS silicones, but it also loves that conditioner!

Just look at the special sales at, for instance, Kruidvat or Etos! A few weeks back I just bought 4 bottles of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition for 5 euro at Kruidvat, while one bottle is normally 3,30 or something!

I like the Garnier conditioners for co-washing (because they'r cone-free) and I also like the Kruidvat Cocos conditioner, also cone-free and cheap!

Yes To Cucumbers is nice as well, but again, sls & cone-free (same goes for the Dr. Organic products someone recommended). And eh.. that is it, I guess. If you have any questions, just ask me :)

hototogisu
September 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the responses, guys! Oktobergoud, your post and blog are really, really helpful! I picked up the Garnier chelating shampoo and it works wonders. Thanks!!

piratejenny
September 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Yes To Cucumbers is nice as well, but again, sls & cone-free (same goes for the Dr. Organic products someone recommended). And eh.. that is it, I guess. If you have any questions, just ask me :)

Where do you get the Yes To Cucumbers here? I'm actually looking for Yes To Carrots but maybe they'd have that at the same place...

giuditta
September 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Where do you get the Yes To Cucumbers here? I'm actually looking for Yes To Carrots but maybe they'd have that at the same place...

In "De Tuinen". They have yes to Carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers.

BTW cucumbers does have sls and cones, tomatoes does not....