PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on what good hair really is

WinterButterfly
August 26th, 2011, 12:48 AM
A lot of us wish our hair was better or looked different or was longer. I never used to like my super straight hair. I'm learning to like what I have though.

I think that curly and straight and everywhere in between is beautiful. I like whimsy and super thick locks. I like tha many colors that hair comes in, including all shades of grey. I think that good hair is hair that is taken care of. Hair that is treated as gentle as it needs to be. Hair that the damage is as minimal as it can be for what a person is given. We don't get to choose what we start off with. We get to choose how we treat it as far as our finances allow. I do have to say that I really think the tiny curls that can turn into an afro are amazing to me. Mine won't curl. It is looking at something I could never do. My sister has pretty wavy hair. She has a nice natural chocolate brown shade. Also pretty to me. And I am learning that my super straight hair has its own beauty. Though I am struck with the occasional curl envy... I can understand changing hair color. I prefer the black hair that I have now to the blond I had before. (Less attetion from men. I'm married and don't like it) but don't damage your hair by the intense straightning or curling. (I'm talking about perms) because you are beautiful the way you are. Good hair is hair that isn't overly damaged. Everyone can have good hair.

luxepiggy
August 26th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Well said! I'm particularly fond of straight hair, myself (^(oo)^)

Why not drop into the Straight & Silky thread for a visit? Hope to see you there: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22766