PDA

View Full Version : Do shampoos like mane n' grow really work?

TealDolphin
August 25th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I'm thinkIng about trying mane n' grow but does "horse" shampoo really work? I'm hesitant to use something called horse shampoo haha

UltraBella
August 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I'm thinkIng about trying mane n' grow but does "horse" shampoo really work? I'm hesitant to use something called horse shampoo haha

No, it doesn't. It's just a gimmick.

ccmso12
August 26th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Not to mention I dont know a single horse person that really uses that stuff on their horse . . .

A horse myth is that a mixture of listerine and babyoil helps grow a long luxurious tail . . .had a friend that swore to it . . .I think it just grew becaus eshe was protecting it by braiding and wrapping . . .but who knows . . .

Anisaa
August 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM
It doesnt make your hair grow, but it cleanses your hair without stripping it, it leaves your hair soft and shiny.

Kelikea
August 26th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I think it has "horsetail" extract or something. But it also contains parabens, which I was trying to avoid. I prefer paraben and silicone free, organic products.

Anya21
August 26th, 2011, 05:23 PM
i tried it for about two weeks (equals 3-4 washes) and it dried my hair out really bad!

FireKat
August 26th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I tried it when my hair was longer and I had horses. Meh. Nothing special on the horses, and horrible on my hair. The protein made it all crunchy and nasty.
However... I used Showsheen both on horses and myself as a detangler and that stuff in amazing. My hair would be tangle free, soft and have mirror shine.
It's been a few years, and I don't remember what was in it, so check first, but I remember it being awesome.

sabreena
August 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM
In truth, no shampoos really causes miracle growth. Vitamins, good diet and proper hair care grows your hair. The best shampoo you can use is one which is sulfate and paraben free. Also, you have to check how often you have to wash your hair with shampoo. Some of us need it daily. Some of us need it only once a week. Over-washing or not washing hair regularly can cause damage.

Regular shampoos usually strip hair off its oils. So its better to stick with a natural shampoo and wash your hair.