PDA

View Full Version : I love her long Platinum hair! Opinions?

joesgirl2011
August 25th, 2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.matydavis.com/catalog.php?item=126&catid=15&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D15

I love, love this girls hair. I know she is a raw foodist (sp) and uses infusim 23. I had her on my facebook before I shut it down. I would love to have long white hair like that. What do you think? Hope its ok to post this..if not sorry.

UltraBella
August 25th, 2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.matydavis.com/catalog.php?item=126&catid=15&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D15

I love, love this girls hair. I know she is a raw foodist (sp) and uses infusim 23. I had her on my facebook before I shut it down. I would love to have long white hair like that. What do you think? Hope its ok to post this..if not sorry.

Of course it's okay to post about hair you love ! Her hair is beautiful and I understand why you like it. I will be honest, achieving hair that long and white is quite difficult without it suffering a large amount of damage. But, if it's what you truly want, then keep it in mind as your goal while you are growing.

Ohio Sky
August 25th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Her hair looks pretty healthy still. I would think you would need to start off with a pretty light natural hair color and take very good care of it to get it that long while lightening. It is definitely beautiful and original.

Cassie 123
August 25th, 2011, 10:24 PM
If platinum is your heart's desire, I say go for it. Bleach is pretty hard on hair but some people here have managed to lighten a lot and still grow long. justgreen (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=3183) has something like what you are looking for; also, ericthegreat (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=23141) is not platinum but lightened quite a bit and still looks great. It can't be easy but it is possible!

PorkChop
August 26th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I like it. Just a little too bright for my personal taste. But I think it would really suit that woman if she ditched the tan.

AcornMystic
August 26th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Wow, when I saw the title to this thread I didn't imagine that she would have hair that long. I thought maybe APL, BSL at most! The fact that she eats raw food and such is probably a big determining factor. So she is getting nutrients from food that would have otherwise been lost. Her hair is very nice, yes. Blindingly pale, but nice. I agree with PorkChop, the tan detracts from her hair. I've always found that girls with platinum hair and tanned bodies almost look like they are wearing a wig, regardless of how good the hair is in condition. It's just not natural. *scratches head* But I say if you want to go for that, you just keep picturing that, take the necessary steps to ensure your hair is at its peak for healthiness and go right on and make it happen. I would LOVE to see the results!:D

Ashenputtel
August 26th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Regarding the tan I think that it gives contrast. Pale skin and pale hair = low contrast. You don't see the features as much.

Don't get me wrong I strongly dislike artificial tan and much prefer natural dark skin.

torrilin
August 26th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Something else to keep in mind is her hair's light appearance is being helped along a great deal by the photographer. In all the pictures, the light areas are "blown out" so that you can't see much or any detail. It was a bright day when the pictures were taken, and the photographer had his or her camera set up to emphasize the brightness. Since the photographs are meant to showcase the hand painted jeans, this makes a lot of sense. The light colored artwork definitely pops!

And I'd definitely agree that her natural haircolor has to be pretty light. Her eyebrows are very light, and while they can be bleached as well, there's a limit to what can be done. Someone like me with dark brown eyebrows and lashes is not going to be able to imitate her blonde brows and lashes, even tho my hair bleaches well and goes blonde easily. Her brows are so light it even raises the idea in my mind that she might be a natural platinum blonde. (probably not, it is a very rare hair color... but it does happen naturally, and it is very striking)

Deborah
August 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I have a niece who's natural hair color is exactly like this gal's. This might be the model's natural color too.

Madora
August 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Jean Harlow, a very famous movie star of the 30s, was famous for her platinum blonde hair, achieved through a lot of bleaching over the years. Her real hair was killed by the process.

If you decide to go for that particular shade, be sure you understand the perils of lightening and hire a professional to do it.

nobunny
August 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM
it can be done. my hair was even longer than hers and bleached platinum. i think at some point it was almost mid-thigh, but definitely past my butt. people would come up to me and just start touching it, I guess cos they thought it was a wig. still, super rude tho, don't you think ?? i couldn't even go grocery shopping without getting molested.

however that was back when i was a teenager and didn't abuse my hair (except for bleaching) at all. i never styled it, i never used heat, didn't use products, had it blunt-cut with no layers, and i spent almost all my spare time brushing it. people made fun of me because i couldn't go anywhere without a giant paddle brush. BUT it was pretty cool. it took a lot of work to get it white-blonde as well, and i simply HAD to have someone to help me with that much hair. not like now where i can dye my hair myself.

it was pretty healthy up until i graduated highschool and started partying and eventually made a mistake by getting in a hotel hot-tub which had probably not had its levels checked in ages.... well, having all your hair MELT OFF is pretty traumatizing. i decided it was kind of more hassle than it was worth anyways. however i still dye my hair all the time, i just don't bleach anymore. i've found i can get pretty light just with the lift from dye alone. it really helps that i'm naturally blonde in the first place; i don't know how you could achieve it consistently otherwise! i wish i'd known about coconut oil back then!!

also, it looks like she still has a lot of breakage in her hair tho just like I do when I go really light, so I'm not sure it's really so extraordinary and I definitely wouldn't say that her results are from raw food alone :p maybe her lovely complexion is tho :cool:

anyways i wish i had pictures for you. i say love your idols, worship them, and then succeed them.

Anje
August 26th, 2011, 09:56 AM
If your avatar is your natural hair, it might be possible for you to get your hair that light without huge amounts of damage. All the same, some hair can take more bleaching than other hair, even for lightening the same amount.

From what I've gleaned from reading here (no personal experience, though), you'll definitely want to only touch up the roots, not re-lighten the length at all. You might find you want a blue or purple conditioner for blond or gray hair (a few here make their own with a bit of vegetable dye in their conditioner) to counteract the brassiness. And you might find you need to use protein-based products or protein treatments occasionally to replace the protein that bleaching tends to strip out. Additionally, some people here have reported less damage if they saturate their hair with coconut oil a few hours before bleaching, then bleach the heavily oiled hair.

Experiment with products and wash methods to find out what works best for you and your hair. A product that gives one person fantastic hair might leave another person with stiff dry hair. Different hair, different water, different histories mean that you might need different products.

Unofficial_Rose
August 26th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I think your avatar hair is prettier than hers. I'm not even one of those who thinks natural is best. Then again, it's your hair. :)

justgreen
August 26th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I highlight (bleach 40vol) the roots every 4-6 weeks. The key is to leave the length alone, it was lightened one time. Sometimes I have some golden foils added in, but those fade out to silver after a while. I have healthy silky soft shiny hair. My hairdresser tells her husband "I get to work on my favorite head of hair today" when I go in to see her.

I used Infusium 23 for years, then found this place and learned it was the culprit keeping my hair from growing past bra strap length.

Arya
August 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM
It looks really great, but you will more than likely have to sacrifice condition for colour. I've seen it done, PLEASE don't decide to go platinum in one step.

I'm not a hairdresser, but I have bleached friends hair successfully from dark brown to white, and they did it realllllyyyy sloowwwlly, babying their hair in between. Just don't dump 40 vol. on your entire head and expect it to come out platinum and silky soft the first time.

joesgirl2011
August 26th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Her hair is naturally blonde but not white. I've seen pics as a little girl ect. I know she does spend a lot of time on southern florida beaches though. I've had my hair about mid back almost platinum about 5 years ago. Had a bad marriage "stress" and just kept chopping never quite getting back to what it was before. My life has finally calmed down "re-married" and now taking time out to get back to me. I definately "stress chop". Right now I am dying my hair but dont want to mess up and burn it off. My breakage is very very little, thanks to coconut oil and deep conditioning and egg protein treatments. Thanks to everyone here. Hugs!!

Lianna
August 26th, 2011, 09:37 PM
She seems to have level 7 ashy blonde roots here:

http://www.matydavis.com/catalog.php?item=86&catid=8&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D8

ETA: Or is that another girl? I'm not good with faces. >< Specially with hair all over them.

joesgirl2011
August 26th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yup..i believe that is her sister in those pics.

feralnature
September 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
I had my hair so blonde it was almost white. I loved it! However, that was before I found this place and the wonders of coconut oil. My virgin hair is now to my waist (I need a new siggy pic) and I am wanting it blonde again. I have been told that geting foils put in might be a good way to do it. I have talked to my new-hairdresser-to-be and I am going to have a consultation with her. She was recommended by a friend, I am nervous though.

uptosomeone
September 21st, 2011, 10:22 PM
Her hair definitely is gorgeous!

And I'd definitely agree that her natural haircolor has to be pretty light. Her eyebrows are very light, and while they can be bleached as well, there's a limit to what can be done. Someone like me with dark brown eyebrows and lashes is not going to be able to imitate her blonde brows and lashes, even tho my hair bleaches well and goes blonde easily. Her brows are so light it even raises the idea in my mind that she might be a natural platinum blonde. (probably not, it is a very rare hair color... but it does happen naturally, and it is very striking)

I have to nitpick this though. I think, when ancestry comes from places that are more Scandinavian, light blonde is a fairly common color. :)

Springlets
September 22nd, 2011, 07:54 PM
My hair got this light when I just used Sun-In and I think my natural level is a 7-8.
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/Blaircorneliabass/182807_1564588994853_1239230125_31289818_5402689_n 1.jpg

I sprayed it all over until it got to this color and then only retouched roots when needed. It was fairly healthy I think, and certainly healthier than bleach or dye.

longhairedlady
September 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Forget the hair how do I get her abs?!?!?!

oktobergoud
September 23rd, 2011, 02:39 AM
Well, I like it, but to be honest I find LONG platinum hair quiet tacky most of the times. It really depends on the style of that person..

Anyway, that being said, the first thing that came to my mind was 'extensions!'. Is her hair really all natural?

I have had platinum hair many times and trust me, it FRIES your hair. Why do you think I'm here growing out a pixie? :P And it is still damaged (the ends)! If you want it, go for it! But it will be a very long and damaging progress. Also, with platinum hair you see roots after A WEEK! And sometimes I had purple and yellow spots because it was uneven (it's hard to get it all perfectly white, but seeing you are already blonde and probably have virgin hair, it might be easier!) and pfft.. it was SUCH a hassle!
However, I loved the look, absolutely and I still do. But it's just so much effort that I honestly don't think it's worth it (to me). Damaged hair is annoying :(

spidermom
September 23rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
I was surprised she could have hair that color and that long. Nice! We used to have a set of twin girls in this town who had hair that light naturally. I haven't seen them in a long time, though.

FrozenBritannia
September 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
My hair got this light when I just used Sun-In and I think my natural level is a 7-8.

The first time I ever dyed my hair was with sun in.. It went orange.
I got this light at home though:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/hair/1.jpg

ladylovecraft
September 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
It looks brilliant! When I first started growing out my hair it was platinum (see my albums) and it was in fairly good condition. Not the *absolute best* as I've seen some of the ladies on this forum, but it wasn't damaged, no split ends, etc. It was bleached at home with a 40 vol developer. I probably could have kept growing while bleaching but I just decided to dye red... it goes better with my coloring, I think (I'm very pale, but with white hair anyone looks tan) and I can now convert over to henna and be nicer to my hair. : )

swetiepeti
September 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Springlets, every time I read your post about Sun-in my brain kept saying "huh?'. You stated it was healthier than bleach or dye.... But it is a bleach

Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Lemon Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract (linseed), Hydroxyethyl Cetyldimonium Phosphate, Dimethicone, PEG 7 Phosphate, Glycerin, Quaternium 80, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acid, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Benzoic Acid, Disodium EDTA

Springlets
September 23rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Springlets, every time I read your post about Sun-in my brain kept saying "huh?'. You stated it was healthier than bleach or dye.... But it is a bleach

Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Lemon Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract (linseed), Hydroxyethyl Cetyldimonium Phosphate, Dimethicone, PEG 7 Phosphate, Glycerin, Quaternium 80, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acid, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Benzoic Acid, Disodium EDTA

I wasn't implying that it was all natural or anything. I believe it has the equivalent of 3&#37; hydrogen peroxide. That's still got to be a lot better than the amount of peroxide and ammonia in dye, or 40 vol bleach. And just from my own experience my hair was a thousand times healthier when I used just Sun In compared to when I bleached or dyed my hair.

The first time I ever dyed my hair was with sun in.. It went orange.

Lol the same thing happened to me in high school when I first tried it. I believe it's because I used the regular one. Years later in college I tried it again but with the lemon one and my hair always stayed within my natural ash tone. p.s. you look like Diana Agron :)

artemisjade
September 23rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
It's a lovely color, but... just looking at it makes me think I wouldn't want to touch it. Maybe that's just product, but I'd be afraid it would be kind of...gross. Sticky, maybe? I don't know...I'm probably projecting my experience with bleaching.

FrozenBritannia
September 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Lol the same thing happened to me in high school when I first tried it. I believe it's because I used the regular one. Years later in college I tried it again but with the lemon one and my hair always stayed within my natural ash tone. p.s. you look like Diana Agron :)

I never did try the lemon one. As for the likeness (I had to google her LOL) thanks! I fear it's just the hair though, I WISH my nose was that nice.. LOL.:D

MidnightStar
September 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Forget the hair how do I get her abs?!?!?!

I wondered that myself!! I checked out her blog - looks like she's doing some kind of diet experiment. Like, she was a raw foodist, and then went back to a more "regular" diet, and now is going back to raw and is blogging about the experience. I'm now SUPER intrigued as I am a total sucker for restrictive diets. (Seriously, no sarcasm!) I'll be keeping an eye on her blog.
And yes, her hair is awesome (or was, I think she cut it off - still pretty but shorter).
I've often contemplated a raw diet...hey, if it gives me hair, skin, and abs like that!! :)

SusanSt
September 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Her hair is pretty, but I second the warnings you've received. Once had my hair bleached nearly white, and it broke SO easily.

FrozenBritannia
September 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
I wondered that myself!! I checked out her blog - looks like she's doing some kind of diet experiment. Like, she was a raw foodist, and then went back to a more "regular" diet, and now is going back to raw and is blogging about the experience. I'm now SUPER intrigued as I am a total sucker for restrictive diets. (Seriously, no sarcasm!) I'll be keeping an eye on her blog.
And yes, her hair is awesome (or was, I think she cut it off - still pretty but shorter).
I've often contemplated a raw diet...hey, if it gives me hair, skin, and abs like that!! :)

Restrictive diets are all fun until you HAVE to be on one.

Rocket22
September 23rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Hey I bookmarked her shop once forever ago on Etsy. Loved her jeans, I'm all about crazy jeans. Oh and her hair is amazing to be that long and that blond.

cubiczoeconia
December 11th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I personally have whie blonde hair from he bottle, and while the initial color change made me have to get a few inches taken off, I have my coworkers a the salon (professionals) do my root ouch-ups and never reapply lighener to anything ha is already blonde. It's possible to acheive, especially from virgin hair. Mine was previously colored blue black, which made mine much more damaging. I'll grow back, though, as long as proper care is taken.

cmg
December 11th, 2011, 04:37 PM
My stepdaughter has exactly the same hair as the woman in the first picture in this thread. She has been lightening it for some 15 years now and it sure shows a lot of breakage in the lenghts. Both her and her sister have very light blonde hair though, and it doesnt take much to push it towards platinum. My oldest had a cool platinum shade at her wedding and it was noticeable damaging.

I think the jeans photos have been overexposed some and the real shade is slightly golden, if my eyes serve me right. Difficult to say for sure though. Cool platinum comes out more like white even on outdoor photos I think?

HintOfMint
December 11th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Normally, I'm not one for platinum blonde hair, tan skin and the like, but I can't help it, I dig this girl's look. She wears it well. If your hair is naturally blonde, then it should be a lot easier to get that shade than if you were going from say, black, to that shade.

It's very striking, so if you go for it, don't waffle about it. That kind of look needs to be rocked with a lot of confidence.

long&blonde
December 11th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Sometimes nature helps you along too.
I did this shade blonde for years on just past bsl hair. But I started going gray:my roots come in white,at 19. My eyebrows had white streaks in them.
My stylist now dyes my mostly white brows blonde,at 57.
For the past year & a half I've done a salon blonde.
The stylist talked me into a dark ash blonde "to cover the gray".
Meanwhile I kept saying "but my roots come in white!"
I wanted this shade,on your photo,thinking it would quite match my roots & I could really go months w/out color.
Now my stylist tells me "You can't lighten color w/color!"
("See you in an hour" I think. But have yet to do.)
Follow your heart.
Nice & easy;"born blonde" "ultra blue" I've been eying;looks like the one step ticket to this color.
Doing your own color this light has its drawbacks tho.
You'll get months of great results,
Then hair that feels like over cooked spaghetti. Or it's green,or purple. And not in a good way,lol!
I always conditioned, washed w/prell, crushed asperins as a rinse also help to take green out, & recolored;nice & easy light ash blonde 102 was a bit darker than platinum,but would cover & give a "clean slate"to any color errors on blonde I made.
The models hair in the photo is beautiful, definitely inspires a "hmm,could I do that?" Lol.

blondie9912
December 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM
If that's what you want, then be SUPER gentle with your hair and lighten it gradually, giving it time to rest between colouring sessions.

I had a 'flat' blonde hair colour similar to this (not quite as light though, and more golden) and I really didn't enjoy it. Made me look pale, and I was extremely tanned at the time! If you choose to go for this, stick with highlights as opposed to an allover colour.

jesis
December 11th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Ah I saw a girl with TBL wavy blonde hair. I almost drooled. Too bad my hair is dark, but I still love it, too! :)

Hers is pretty too!

McFearless
December 11th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I love her hair. Its the first platinum head of hair I've seen that is also healthy looking.

Lianna
December 11th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I love her hair. Its the first platinum head of hair I've seen that is also healthy looking.

I think this girl's hair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNSyrwvyCTU&list=PLA37EBC3AF31C333F&index=91&feature=plpp_video) looks REALLY healthy to the light color she sports (isn't white).

For those who just can't think of dumping bleach all over, this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zzivbTnmA&list=PLA37EBC3AF31C333F&index=9&feature=plpp_video) shows a great technique to achieve a nice natural looking light blonde hair. I'm very sorry isn't in English, but it shows the process.

Amber_Maiden
December 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Wow. beautiful! I'd love to do that, but it would probably look awful on me and I really don't want to kill my hair.
Also, very interesting that she's a raw foodist and does this. I was 100% raw for several years and pretty much all the raw foodists I knew were very careful about the products they used on their bodies- so organic products and natural products. I don't think any that i knew would dream of actually dying their hair, chemically... huh.