PDA

View Full Version : I got a hair cut!

GlassWidow
August 25th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I was a little nervous to do so - it seems like the longer I go between hair cuts, the more reticent I am to do it. I'm happy with it, though! The ends are so much cleaner, and I got rid of some of my layers. Overall, it was less than an inch that was trimmed, but not very much of that was damage.

Here is me, a few weeks ago (7/8/11):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7535&pictureid=107424

And here I am after the cut. I know I have some sort of cowlick going on...it's humid, and I'm sick, so please forgive. ;)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d604b3127ccefda673e6117e00000030O00AbOG7dq0Ys2 QPbz4S/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Revontuletar
August 25th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Wow, it looks like not that much was taken off, but all your ends look lovely and healthy and thick! Well done :D

joesgirl2011
August 25th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Love it! So shiny and nicely trimmed. Can't wait to be where you are in length.

Loreley
August 25th, 2011, 11:44 PM
It looks much thicker and healthier! Nice hair! :)

kidari
August 25th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Wowza, look at that hemline! It makes me want to take scissors to my hair. Yours looks so thick and healthy.

bettylibertine
August 26th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Lovely! :D

McFearless
August 26th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Beautiful. :) I love the colour too

newbeginning
August 26th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Very thick hemline. Looks great.

alwayssmiling
August 26th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Its great to hear someone is happy with their cut - it looks so neat and tidy. I could do with an inch off but I'm not ready just yet :o

LaFlor
August 26th, 2011, 07:57 AM
love the hemline, it looks healthy and well care for :)

GlassWidow
August 26th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you, everyone! :flowers:

It feels so much shorter to me, but it looks a million times better without the straggly layer. The woman who cut my hair is my mother's stylist, and she had me laughing throughout the cut because she kept commenting on how different my hair is from my mother's, other than being fine. I was so happy to hear that! She even said my hair was thick, which I don't think anyone has ever said about my hair before...but then I look at the hemline and it's not as thin as I thought it was, so maybe she's right!

GlassWidow
August 26th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Its great to hear someone is happy with their cut - it looks so neat and tidy. I could do with an inch off but I'm not ready just yet :o
I wasn't ready for a long time, and I probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't go to my high school reunion. I decided a blow out at the salon for the occasion would be a fun, once-every-10-years treat.

Love it! So shiny and nicely trimmed. Can't wait to be where you are in length.
It will go fast, I bet! You're not that much behind me, at least from what I can see of your avatar.

Wowza, look at that hemline! It makes me want to take scissors to my hair. Yours looks so thick and healthy.
Every time I read this, I could swear it says "makes me want to take scissors to your hair" :lol: I KNOW that's not right!