PDA

View Full Version : Not so New, New Ideas.

AnqeIicDemise
August 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I find this quite amusing.

So, at work, we can read magazines. The more fashion-forward, the better. I decided to read a few for the articles (shocking, but true!) and I found some rather familiar 'fads' for this upcoming fall season.

1) The Gibson Roll.
It is just called a Sweet Rolll in, I believe it was Glamour. It isn't as high as the traditional GR and it is a LOT stiffer. It was showcased in a catwalk last month (or was it this month? I think it was August's issue so it must've been July). The model had her hair split to the side and the chignon was fashioned low on the neck. It was caked with tons of product. Between you and me, I much prefer the traditional roll.

2) Olive Oil
The instructions make me cringe. It calls to put on the oil and then blowfry for five minutes, let it sit for an hour and then wash out with clarifying shampoo. O.o

3) Vo5 hot oil (this one I believe was in Allure and it was considered one of the Top Cheap Secrets of celebs. )

4) Fish Tails. The're *so* bohemian.

5) Heidi and Milk Maid braids with ribbon braided in them.

6) No Poo

Of course, the most hilarious thing to someone like me who has heard *all of this* before (and long, long before I came to LHC. To me, it was a re-discovery) I found it rather hilarious. Its not the fact that these old ideas being fashion forward and trendy is hilarious, but the way it is presented. The magazines make it seem like this is the most AMAZING idea outside of sliced bread and toilet paper. LOL

So, there you go ladies... we are ALL extremely ahead of the game this Fall Season and are considered trend setters. Amazing. :D

ETA: anyone else wants to add to the list? :P

Jing
August 25th, 2011, 03:41 AM
2) Olive Oil
The instructions make me cringe. It calls to put on the oil and then blowfry for five minutes, let it sit for an hour and then wash out with clarifying shampoo. O.o

Deep fried hair! Must be an American idea. :cheese: (Yes, I am kidding.)

Alaia
August 25th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Deep fried hair! Must be an American idea. :cheese: (Yes, I am kidding.)

:spitting: Or Scottish (home of the Deep Fried Mars Bar) :p

Argan Oil is very fashionable now. The serums they are selling are loaded with 'cones, though.