PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a wooden comb,

Remyy
August 24th, 2011, 06:00 PM
So, I've read a bit about people switching to using a wooden comb and I think I might give it a shot too. I'm curious as to where most of you got your wooden combs though. I've looked in Sallys but they didn't really have a good selection, and most stores near me only carry plastic combs. Basically I'm wondering if anyone knows any good places to get a wooden comb, maybe a good Etsy shop that sells them?

Also, how much did switching to a wooden comb help your hair? Like, what kinds of benefits did you get from it? I'm hoping to reduce static and hair damage, hopefully there will be improvement.

Thanks guys!

Viscountess
August 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I got mine from the Bodyshop. I found that when I did oil treatments before shampoo, the comb distributed the oil nicely along my length.

ratgirldjh
August 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
This is my favorite wooden comb:

https://heavenlyharvest.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=81_88_95&products_id=156&zenid=beiks50fa2uq8rqfa2qsmih4g2

I have a body shop one too but the teeth are just a little too far apart for my hair and leave trails... the teeth on the HH one are just a little bit closer together and a tiny bit smaller so it works better for me.

AshleyTheRed
August 24th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I got one at Sally's and one on Etsy.

2peasinapod
August 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I use the Body Shop's wooden comb. I have thick hair, and it is just perfect! It has really helped my hair. As soon as I made the switch, my hair just looked better. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it looked subtly healthier. I also had next to no flyaways or layers sticking out.

It was the first change I made, and it worked so well, even without oiling, a satin pillowcase, protective updos, or anything else. I hope you get excellent results, too!

Messyhair
August 24th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I've only used combs from The Body Shop, and they've been terrific. Much less static and damage than using a brush, and much less messy hair than finger-combing. :)

Maktub
August 24th, 2011, 07:47 PM
i use the bodyshop's and I like it a lot !

Fingolphin
August 24th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I also got mine from the Body Shop, and I swear by it. It is the only thing I use for detangling besides fingers.

Remyy
August 24th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Ahh! Thanks guys. I ended up buying the one ratgirldjh recommended before even seeing her post! I got it off Amazon though, but by the same company. In other threads I read about everyone loving the combs from the Body Shop, maybe I'll try that comb eventually but I liked the spacing between the teeth from Heavenly Harvest a bit better.

Thanks!!