PDA

View Full Version : I did it

vamq
August 24th, 2011, 06:37 AM
3 years an d 3 days after joining TLHC, I'm back to were I started. I cut my almost tailbone length hair back to waistlength.

I tried the 'wait for two weeks' rule' 2 times. But after 4 weeks, I still thought my hair looked rubbish. I have been suffering from a lot of stress this year, and my hair was falling out like crazy. I also lost 8 kilograms, and have been to the doctor twice, but stress is all there is to blame, no medical conditions whatsoever

The hairdresser was really nice, she had the same problem when she had surgery, and she assured me that there was no need to cut my hair any shorter than waistlength. She also showed me that the frizz I was dealing with lately is nothing more than new growth! :D
I'm not yet very content with the length, but my hemline has never been so thick before (I wish I had pictures to show, but my camera is broken).
Other pro's: I won't be needing so much henna for a while, and I can use old hairtoys again that I've outgrown:)

Just wanted to share,
Nobody else understands the importance of such a big haircut, hehe:P

caiti42
August 24th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Congratulations :) I'm so glad you're pleased with your decision and results.

Peggy E.
August 24th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Hoping that your pleased reaction with your hair is an indication that you are putting the stress that has caused so much upheaval in your life behind you.

You'll have that tailbone length back in no time and now it will be healthy - as will you!

And I must say I'm impressed with the great assistance you received from the hairdresser - nice to know there are honest, helpful caretakers out there who truly listen to their clients and do all they can to help them achieve the hair they are seeking.

vamq
August 24th, 2011, 07:57 AM
The stress isn't over yet, but I'm dealing with it now. It can't get worse than where I'm at now, so it can only get better.

I was surprised myself too, but I know this hairdresser quite well, and she knows how much I love my long hair.

Also found a con about cutting my hair: I'll have to relearn my old updo's, since it's too short to put it up in my daily do :/ Oh well..

kouran
August 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the stress you have been through...:flower:

I'm thinking in doing the same as you, since I have been loosing a lot of hair the last two weeks, not because of stress but because of lack of food available... I'm just 2 inches close of classic length...:confused:

vamq
August 24th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Make sure you take your time to think about it carefully!

It took me 4 weeks to decide that I really wanted this;)

ETA: Your hair looks quite thick and really beautiful, Kouran!
I'd definitly think it over, if I were you, especially because you say it started "just" two weeks ago.
(don't want that to sound like it's no big deal, but I'd wait and see if it gets better within a few weeks. I did that too, but my hair has been falling out like madness for the last 4 months...)

Melisande
August 24th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I did the same half a year ago, and I have no regrets. Hair grows, and I enjoy to pass the same milestones again ;-)

And my hair is in much better shape now.

I have loads of stress, too... which is overall bad for me.

RitaPG
August 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the stress you habe been through...:flower:

I'm thinking in doing the same as you, since I have been loosing a lot of hair the last two weeks, not because of stress but because of lack of food available... I'm just 2 inches close of classic length...:confused:
You mean lack of food as: you're starving, or lack of food as lack of decent food?
Have you tried a multivitamin? It's not a substitute for a proper diet but it might help compensate what's lacking.

kouran
August 24th, 2011, 10:17 AM
You mean lack of food as: you're starving, or lack of food as lack of decent food?
Have you tried a multivitamin? It's not a substitute for a proper diet but it might help compensate what's lacking.

I'm eating little, but it's kind of decent (breakfast, soup, fruit and salad). Sometimes I can get a bigger meal, but not always...when school starts, I will eat there (the meal is included in the price) so I guess things will get better then. If the ends tapering becomes to evident, I will just cut back to tailbone...

I'm taking biotin only, since multivitamins are more expensive, but thank you for your help.

DakarNick
August 24th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the stress you have been through...:flower:

I'm thinking in doing the same as you, since I have been loosing a lot of hair the last two weeks, not because of stress but because of lack of food available... I'm juouyoust 2 inches close of classic length...:confused:

:( hope it all works out for you