PDA

View Full Version : hey have you ever tried this?

sana junaid
August 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
HI Friends.. i just found a intresting tip or trick to grow your hair fast ! i just read some where that if you add mince onion in your regular shampoo then leave it for 2weeks.. it will help you to grow your hairs faster ! ladies what you think about it?? excuse me for my bad english !

archel
August 23rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I have read that if you use onion on your hair that the smell lingers for WEEKS. I would avoid it like the plague!

spidermom
August 23rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
No - not even if it made my hair grow an inch a day.
I HATE the smell of onion.

prettykitty
August 23rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
^^
What Spidermom said.

Raqdoll
August 23rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
I had not heard that, but I googled it and it is possible because of the amount of sulfur in onions. So, it may be possible that by boosting the amount of sulfur in your shampoo (by adding onion), it could help with shedding and to regrow hair (presuming you're deficient in sulfur.)

If I were to try it, I would make sure to use fresh onion and not the dried minced kind.

Interesting!

ETA: Oh, and I'm with the other ladies - the SMELL...EW! I'd find other some other way to add sulfur.

sana junaid
August 23rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
lol spidermom :p yeah im also afraid of onion strong horrible smell :s

sana junaid
August 23rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
I had not heard that, but I googled it and it is possible because of the amount of sulfur in onions. So, it may be possible that by boosting the amount of sulfur in your shampoo (by adding onion), it could help with shedding and to regrow hair (presuming you're deficient in sulfur.)

If I were to try it, I would make sure to use fresh onion and not the dried minced kind.

Interesting!

ETA: Oh, and I'm with the other ladies - the SMELL...EW! I'd find other some other way to add sulfur.

What would the other way ?powder?

monsterna
August 23rd, 2011, 08:26 PM
There was someone here who did that and the smell lingered for months. I'm thinking it was something like 8 months. Really, haha. Not gonna try it. :p

AnnaJamila
August 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
. . . I like onions . . .

Lol, DH eats those puppies like apples! :lol:

justgreen
August 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
I'm WAY past the 'I'll try anything' stage.....

prettykitty
August 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
Completely off topic...Justy your hair is just so...woweeeee!

sana junaid
August 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM

i like onion rings and onion pakoray :p

Copasetic
August 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
I have read that if you use onion on your hair that the smell lingers for WEEKS. I would avoid it like the plague!

My thoughts exactly. I also don't see how putting onion on your scalp would make your hair grow anyway. It doesn't make any sense.

sana junaid
August 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
There was someone here who did that and the smell lingered for months. I'm thinking it was something like 8 months. Really, haha. Not gonna try it. :p

8m0nths omg ! :D

gthlvrmx
August 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
There's a WAY better way to do this hair growth thing-it's called dry powdered milk.
it has higher concentration of sulfur in it, and the problem with the onion thing is that in order to get the most out of the sulfur, you'd have to do something like fry it? i think or something. I know fish has it too and is good,l but again, not enough. The best way i think it to apply topically the dry powdered milk.
Someone asked this same question a few weeks ago, and someone mentioned this dry milk thing.

QueenJoey
August 23rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
I've heard of it, but never tried it because I don't want my head to smell like my dinner. Bleh! Don't get me wrong, I like the smell of onions, but I wouldn't wear it.

I probably would try it if I could find something to cancel out the scent. I don't think anything could cover it. (What's worse than smelling like onions? Smelling like onions and flowers/whatever.)

Even if I didn't mind walking around like something is sauteeing in my hair, I'd never be alone long enough or get far enough from people who do hate the smell.

sana junaid
August 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
There's a WAY better way to do this hair growth thing-it's called dry powdered milk.
it has higher concentration of sulfur in it, and the problem with the onion thing is that in order to get the most out of the sulfur, you'd have to do something like fry it? i think or something. I know fish has it too and is good,l but again, not enough. The best way i think it to apply topically the dry powdered milk.
Someone asked this same question a few weeks ago, and someone mentioned this dry milk thing.
Dry milk hmm intresting but how can we apply it on our scalp ?

WinterButterfly
August 24th, 2011, 12:43 AM
I don't think it would work. I would get hungry and cook and eat the onion hair. It would make for a bald head. :)

terryn
August 24th, 2011, 01:26 AM

Definitely read that as "DH eats puppies like apples!"

/hijack

2peasinapod
August 24th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I don't think it would work. I would get hungry and cook and eat the onion hair. It would make for a bald head. :)

LOL! I don't eat onions, but sometimes when I describe my hair care routine, I feel like I'm sharing a recipe instead. Sugar beet and honey shampoo, coconut oil, eggs, hot water, etc. :o

lunalesca
August 24th, 2011, 02:39 AM
I don't believe in hair growth booster which are applied externally.

Night_Kitten
August 24th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I wonder if eating more onion can make one's hair grow faster?
I noticed that during the winter my hair grows alittle faster than durng the summer, and coinsidently I tend to eat onion with hot soup in the winter at least once or twice a week, while eating almost none during summer...
Now I'm intrigued, I'll start eating more onion from September 1st and see if it helps and how soon can I see results (if there are any)...

monsterna
August 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Monistat is always an option, too.

wvgemini
August 24th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hm. I like onions. But not THAT much!