PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share my results...

faithsdaisy421
August 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
So, after starting this thread on Friday... http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=76818
I went out and bought some of the Shea Butter Smoothie stuff. I used it first on my totally dry, nothing but brushed hair. That in itself enhanced some of my natural waves and made my hair soft and pretty looking.

Last night was a wash night, so I did an SMT treatment, an ACV rinse, got out of the shower and applied some of the smoothie stuff along with some curl enhancing gel. I put my hair in a plop, slept with it on all night, and woke up to the prettiest little ringlets I have ever seen on my head. They did not stay that way, as the were still a bit damp, but all styled and dry, here is what my hair looks like...
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1959/hair1d.jpg
Sorry about the picture quality.

Next time I do this, I think I am going to shower a bit earlier so I can leave my hair in the plop longer, or switch my t-shirt partway through the plop. I am really interested to see what my hair would look like if I pulled it out of the plop totally dry.

I am hoping that with a bit more time, my hair will continue to get more adjusted to curling.

YepLilly
August 23rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
Nice results! We have similar hair (although I'm closer to i and you're iii), so I think I'm going to give this a try. Is this the Shea Butter you bought?

http://img2.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/76430229022_220x220_a.jpg

faithsdaisy421
August 23rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
That is what I bought! I think I may have an addiction to the stuff. On top of making my hair have some bounce to it, I also found that it made it nice and soft.

longcurlygirl<3
August 23rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Oh goody!Oh why did I look at this page? Now my product junkieness is kicking in for Another product to try *creepy smile appears on face*,..hehe

CurlyMopTop
August 23rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
I love this stuff!!!! I first tried it just a couple of weeks ago when my curls were going limpy (found out they were over moisturized). They bounced back immediately with the very first use! I can't use it everyday because if my hair gets too much protein, the canopy starts feeling dry, but a few days a week seems to work out perfect. The best part is that it's cheap! $9.99 at Walgreens and I only need a dab on 1 finger for my whole head. :D

CurlyMopTop
August 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
PS: I heard about this product from the boards here and decided to give it a try. Thanks LHC!! :)

YepLilly
August 23rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
I really like all of the ingredients! (except for the glycerin, but it looks ok in this case):

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Mango Seed Butter, Avocado Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Neem Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Pro-Vitamin B-5, Caprylyl glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Honeysuckle Flower, Japanese Honeysuckle, Vitamin E.

Slinks
August 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
I certainly wouldn't complain about results like that ;-)

Joribear
August 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Great results!! And, uhhh, thanks for the enabling.... Now I *have* to go track some down.....

faithsdaisy421
August 23rd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks all! I am still surprised that my hair has all this body to it! I had no idea what my hair was capable of!

I am so proud to be an enabler... haha!

Buggheart
August 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Very pretty! Where did you find the shea? I've tried a few stores but have been unable to find it here in Maryland.

AnnaJamila
August 24th, 2011, 02:15 PM
How do you plop hair?! That sounds . . . active, like something you wouldn't be able to do while sleeping! I always assumed it was like scrunching. :o

faithsdaisy421
August 25th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Very pretty! Where did you find the shea? I've tried a few stores but have been unable to find it here in Maryland.

I found the shea at Walgreens. It was $10. It has a bit of a strong smell to it, but very worth it.

How do you plop hair?! That sounds . . . active, like something you wouldn't be able to do while sleeping! I always assumed it was like scrunching. :o

Plopping is quite easy. Basically, it involves putting all your hair into a t-shirt and tying it up. Some people plop for 20-30 minutes, others all night. Here is a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r54bdlLwXnI&feature=relmfu

MinderMutsig
August 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM
That ingredient list looks great! I wonder if I can find this over here. I guess my best bet would be the African store. They have a HUGE haircare section.

cheshire90
August 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
lovely hair