PDA

View Full Version : What will henna do for me?

MemoryXIII
August 23rd, 2011, 01:51 PM
Alright, so here is my hair. It's medium brown, curly, with natural golden highlights. Here is an image in the sunlight: http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/75829_1481678317623_1103763039_31104448_2896392_n. jpg
Here is an image indoors, in daylight:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268191_1903784590016_1103763039_31695077_989899_n. jpg
And finally, an image of my hair indoors, with no natural lighting:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=41160&dateline=1313637375&type=profile

I can't find someone to compare to. What will my hair look like if I apply henna? I think I may want to be a hennahead for a while. ;)

Evie
August 23rd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Hi, have you taken a look at the mixes page on www.hennaforhair.com? it might give you an idea of what it might come out like. I think you could get almost an irish setter red, with perhaps lighter orange/red on the golden sections, although it would deepen with successive hennas. I would say you might need to think about being a hennahead for longer than a while though, ;), it tends to stick around without a lot of effort to get rid of it......

Dolly
August 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
I agree with Evie....henna is not something you do for "a while" and then stop......if you want to get it out, you can usually bleach some of it out (which MAY trash your hair)......most people find that they have to grow it out and either have two-toned hair or cut it off.....

spidermom
August 23rd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Agreed. If you want to do something for awhile, try something less permanent.

Anje
August 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Are you cool-toned? It kinda looks like that from the pictures, but I'm not a great judge of these things. The reason I ask is that many cool-toned folks find henna to be too orange for their tastes. Multiple applications can help push it toward a cooler, more burgundy tone, but you should consider this and strand test long before you put henna on your head.

Also, I agree with all of the above posters -- assume that henna put on your head will not come off until you cut it out. The stuff is really really permanent.

jojo
August 23rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
You don't just use henna for a while, its like getting a tattoo. Some tattoos can be removed by treatments over time and others have to be cut out.

I was very lucky and removed all but most of mine, would I use it again? highly doubtful. I loved how it made my hair thicker, but its easy to get bored of it.

Use with caution and research fully!

Hairitic
August 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
My hair is similar in color to yours (where there's no grey, lol) :p. If you look st my sig pic, the top 6 inches or so closest to my scalp is my virgin hair. Henna gave me a deep, rich auburn with red highlights. The lighter areas of my hair are a lighter, clear, dark red. What I like best is that it gave me richer, more vibrant hair color than my natural color ever thought of being and shine like I've never had before. The condition is soooo much better. I have photos in the shade and in the sun but I can't seem to get them to load onto this post :(. Anyone able to guide me on how to post pics? :rolleyes:

MemoryXIII
August 23rd, 2011, 05:49 PM
Hmm.. Okay. Thanks for the insight. I still want to dye my hair with henna, it will just have to wait until I'm ready for that kind of commitment. Hahaha. Thanks!

MemoryXIII
August 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Are you cool-toned? It kinda looks like that from the pictures, but I'm not a great judge of these things. The reason I ask is that many cool-toned folks find henna to be too orange for their tastes. Multiple applications can help push it toward a cooler, more burgundy tone, but you should consider this and strand test long before you put henna on your head.

Also, I agree with all of the above posters -- assume that henna put on your head will not come off until you cut it out. The stuff is really really permanent.

Anje, I have pale skin, but a naturally red complexion.