PDA

View Full Version : How many out there wet their hair everyday?

MermaidOH
August 23rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Hi All,
I have been trying to stretch my washes for 7-8 days (CO wash) for a while now but my roots get really greasy and my ends get really dry even with oiling. I also work out and sweat a lot 5 days a week and OMG my hair was getting gross. My hair is much happier when it is wash days, so I figured do I really need to stretch my washes, maybe that doesn't work for my hair. Maybe wetting it and putting Conditioner in just the ends works for my hair. I don't know today is the first day this epiphany came to me so we'll see how it goes. Anyone else out there do anything similar? If so what is your routine? Thanks!

invisiblebabe
August 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Yep, I shampoo and condition it every other day (except when it's HOT outside and sweaty, then I do it every day). And, the no-shampoo days I just rinse it with water.

dulce
August 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM
1 shampoo the scalp only daily,this works best for me,plus 1 condition my ends well daily also.

wvgemini
August 23rd, 2011, 12:28 PM
I wash it in some form daily. Either CO or full wash. I try to only use shampoo once or twice a week, but if I work out I feel better with a little sudsing. Some people just don't get on well with stretching washes I think.

Messyhair
August 23rd, 2011, 12:43 PM
I shampoo and condition every day, except when I'm lazy or short on time. I make a ponytail (holding it with one hand) while in the shower and condition all the hair in the tail and then shampoo everything else. Then I rinse it all out. Every day. :)

alwayssmiling
August 23rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Well I've managed to give up bleaching, colouring, heat and sulphates but I have never managed to give up daily washing (I've tried!). I CO wash most days, sometimes I use a sulphate free shampoo if its looking a little lank, and very occassionally I clarify with a sulphate shampoo. But yes I wet my hair everyday.

In my eyes my hair is doing really well with this routine. I have very little frizz and breakage and I like to think my hair is enjoying a generous daily helping of conditioners. I am very careful at handling my hair when its wet though, I dab dry with a soft towel and don't touch it until its dry.

Autumn Light
August 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
I get greasy roots and dry ends, so I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days. I use a clarifying shampoo on my scalp to get rid of the grease and condition the ends.

Toiréasa
August 23rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
I CO wash every day and shampoo once a week with sulphate free shampoo,I have no split ends and my hair is very soft and health I also henna.

see_turtle
August 23rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
I wash almost every day expect days I'm too lazy( typically Sundays). If i didn't it would be bad...my hair gets greasy and gross very quickly.

CurlyMopTop
August 23rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
I've given up on trying to stretch washes. I use some type of shampoo a couple of days a week, but condition daily. I need to condition my hair to detangle it properly! In the winter when I start wearing my hair up more and when the weather is so much dryer, it may change to every other day. I am sls/cone free! :D

SusanSt
August 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM
I shampoo and condition twice a week usually, but have been known to do it more often than that if I've gotten particularly sweaty or dirty.

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 23rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
just try washing with sulfate free shampoo and even let urself wash it everyday? sulfate free shampoos arent that harsh

Lianna
August 23rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
Where I live is hot everyday. Sometimes I wet my hair twice a day (second just CO). Sometimes, mostly in the winter (which is not really "cold") I skip a day of washing. Been doing this all my life.

monsterna
August 23rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
I shampoo and condition every day (or at least 5 days a week). No sulfates unless I'm clarifying or feel particularly greasy or something. Most of the time it's shampoo only on the scalp.

Nessarose
August 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I CO every other day and I'm trying to stretch it out more. On bad days, usually the second, I use dry shampoo on my scalp toward the bang area or I just CO that area itself.
Every night I dampen my hair with water mixed with BioSilk (because I lost my coconut oil <---where R U??--and this is what I have on-hand) and twist it up in a bun on top of my head and do a pin curl with my bangs.
The bangs look similar to the photo <---- (this was pre-LHC) and the middle-ends have some texture.

nobeltonya
August 24th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I will eventually, sometime this lifetime, settle on a specific routine that I follow... I'll try something for a while, it'll work then my hair will get used to it? and not cooperate anymore.. so I'll try something else, to the same result. I was trying to co, which worked for a while.. soft and shiny. But, my ends were still getting dry. :( Regardless of what I try, I wet/wash it every day.

Last night, I heavily oiled so this morning I shampooed the entire length. BUT, I only kept it on for like 2 minutes [generally 4-5, if not more, while I'm soaping everything else]. After 1 minute, I rinsed the ends. Then, I conditioned just the bottom half of the length and left it on for like 5 minutes while I did everything else.. then, when I got out of the shower and wrapped it in a towel for a few minutes, I sprayed my leave-in only on the underhair? [flipped over], so as not to weigh down my hair and make it greasy [you can't see that hair.. heh]. So far, I've had favorable results compared to other things I've tried. *shrugs* We'll see how tomorrow goes..

oktobergoud
August 25th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I wash my every hair every 4 days, and co-wash in between. My hair is that kind of hair that just gets unhappy and dry and dull when it's not washed after a few days!

Ribbon
August 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I wash every single day. I tried to go every other day for a period of 3 months and even towards the end people would still ask me if I was really hot since my hair looked like it was a sweaty mess by the second day. I gave up since I saw no benefit. I felt guilty about it, which I realized was a bit irrational. Everyone's hair is different and even though most people can (and should) wash less, it was not to be for me.

So, my hair is back to looking normal. I think since it's naturally thin and I am pretty active it just needs a washing, especially in the hot summer months (I have no air conditioning). I use shampoos without any sulfates and I never use heat.

cygus
August 25th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I also workout often (5-6 days/week) and struggle to have good hair along with a better looking body! i've tried a number of routines since joing LHC earlier this year, and here's where i'm at. My hair responds pretty well to CO washing (though it can tend to get too flyway sometimes), but i will do an oil/shampoo wash once in awhile as well. Though i've tried to extend time btw washes, my hair responds best to washing every 2-3 days. also, i've chopped my hair recently from just about waist to just below chin - to get rid of heavy layering and for the fun of growing it out again. Ultimately, i think its really hard to alter your hair's chemistry in a short period of time. i've spent decades putting crap in my hair, so a few months of TLC is probably not going to change my hair that much, but it is certainly a step in the right direction!

knoxkatie
August 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I CWC every 3-4 days.

Lianna
August 25th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Everyone's hair is different and even though most people can (and should) wash less, it was not to be for me.

Not everyone should, some people get fungus infections if they don't wash often (I know you didn't say everybody). :)