PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for damaged/fragile hair

hemolymph
August 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
My top layer is very damaged from bleach. It feels fried and snaps off if I brush it. My brutal use of the hair dryer & round brush hasn't been helping so I am weaning myself off of that.

Any advice for deep treatments for the damaged layer? What to avoid? What helps?

bunzfan
August 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
I don't have much experience with damaged hair but a lot of people swear by coconut oil, put a finger tip amount on dry hair i do this everyday to help keep the moisture in my hair, another thing thats great for adding moisture is a SMT look here http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128&page=55#post1238670

Good luck:)

Fairlight63
August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have left over dye on my hair from my coloring days & it makes the ends of my hair dry & fly a way. The ends of my hair was feeling really dry & ucky yesterday. What I did was wet my hair from the ears down to the ends & then put a couple of drops of Olive Oil on it & bun my hair in a cinn. bun tucking in the ends. Today my hair feels much better, not as dry.

You could try that & see if it helps.

bunzfan
August 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
I have left over dye on my hair from my coloring days & it makes the ends of my hair dry & fly a way. The ends of my hair was feeling really dry & ucky yesterday. What I did was wet my hair from the ears down to the ends & then put a couple of drops of Olive Oil on it & bun my hair in a cinn. bun tucking in the ends. Today my hair feels much better, not as dry.

You could try that & see if it helps.

Damp bunning is great for getting moisture in your hair i should do it more often but i forget lol;) a little oil in damp hair can work wonders for curly,wavy type hair.

spidermom
August 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
First - no brushing. Combing with wide tooth comb only.
I've been told that warm olive oil treatments are a life-saver for bleach damage. Use CO with a simple conditioner (the fewer ingredients the better) to get it out.
You probably also need periodic protein/deep conditioning treatments.

Roscata
August 23rd, 2011, 11:28 AM
I think this is a great article for you to read: Damaged Hair: Understanding, Preventing & Rehabilitating (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79). It has all the information you need. Good luck! :D