PDA

View Full Version : Searching for my S&C HG: no protein, lots of moisture, cones

Lilli
August 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
After a zillion shampoos and conditioners (even my ever-loyal dh thinks I have a problem and cannot stop buying S&C), I am looking for this: a shampoo and conditioner with no protein, lots of moisture, and cones. Plus if the shampoo is SLS-free, but not necessary. Suggestions????

wvgemini
August 23rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
I recently started using the Suave Professionals Blackberry and White Tea S&C. My hair seems to really love it! Admittedly, I have no clue if the shampoo has protein or not though. :o

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rubus Occidentalis Fruit Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Citric Acid, PPG-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA-Sulfate, PEG-45M, Benzophenone-4, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

angelfell
August 23rd, 2011, 09:24 AM
I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine. It makes your hair soft, shiny, and frizzless; very moisturizing, and it has cones in it. However, it also has SLS.. but no protein. There's also GF Length & Strength which is supposed to protect long hair.. same ingredients as Sleek & Shine. My hair is an F (I still have M, I know, but now I'm sure it's an F), i or ii hair, and a 1, so it may work as well for you as it does for me :).

Lilli
August 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
I recently started using the Suave Professionals Blackberry and White Tea S&C. My hair seems to really love it! Admittedly, I have no clue if the shampoo has protein or not though. :o

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rubus Occidentalis Fruit Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Citric Acid, PPG-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA-Sulfate, PEG-45M, Benzophenone-4, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I did see this at the grocery - I'll have to smell it.

Lilli
August 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine. It makes your hair soft, shiny, and frizzless; very moisturizing, and it has cones in it. However, it also has SLS.. but no protein. There's also GF Length & Strength which is supposed to protect long hair.. same ingredients as Sleek & Shine. My hair is an F (I still have M, I know, but now I'm sure it's an F), i or ii hair, and a 1, so it may work as well for you as it does for me :).

Thank you for the suggestion. I have liked their oil conditioner (forgetting the name now) so maybe this would be good!

delsh
August 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
You know, I've been looking for a similar shampoo and conditioner, after seeing for myself the horrors of protein overdose, and dry/oily combination hair! I've gone through a few I liked and some I didn't. The Suave Professionals line is pretty good, I think, although I used the Rosemary Mint rather than the Blackberry and White Tea like Gemini. It worked quite well for me, but didn't have quite enough cones for me in the long run.

What I've been using now, which I really really love, is Aussie Cleanse and Mend. I was a little worried to try it because I don't like cones in my shampoo usually, but it is just the right combination for my hair. Gentle shampoo and a light, moisturizing conditioner. I'm fairly certain it's SLS free as well (ALS instead). Usually when I try a new S&C my hair is very soft and happy for maybe a week or two, then things go south. With this, my hair has been fabulously, consistently soft and the ends feel much more moisturized. Can't recommend it enough, if your hair is anything like mine.

Hope you find the right product for you!

Lilli
August 23rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
You know, I've been looking for a similar shampoo and conditioner, after seeing for myself the horrors of protein overdose, and dry/oily combination hair! I've gone through a few I liked and some I didn't. The Suave Professionals line is pretty good, I think, although I used the Rosemary Mint rather than the Blackberry and White Tea like Gemini. It worked quite well for me, but didn't have quite enough cones for me in the long run.

What I've been using now, which I really really love, is Aussie Cleanse and Mend. I was a little worried to try it because I don't like cones in my shampoo usually, but it is just the right combination for my hair. Gentle shampoo and a light, moisturizing conditioner. I'm fairly certain it's SLS free as well (ALS instead). Usually when I try a new S&C my hair is very soft and happy for maybe a week or two, then things go south. With this, my hair has been fabulously, consistently soft and the ends feel much more moisturized. Can't recommend it enough, if your hair is anything like mine.

Hope you find the right product for you!

Thanks for the rec! I'll check it out.

StormVixen
August 23rd, 2011, 11:06 AM
have you tried looking at things made for curly people? CURLS, Curl Junkie and Jessicurl all have SLS free poos and high moisture, no protein (no cones) conditioners... might be worth looking into...

Trish in SC
August 23rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Lilli ~ Hi there. Just curious, why do you want a shampoo with no protein in it? Has your hair reacted to that in the past?

I'm a newbie ~ I have lots of questions! :)

monsterna
August 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Shampoo: Aubrey Organics Calaguala Fern (sulfate-, cone-, and protein-free).

Conditioners: There are lots. Personally I use Aussie Moist, Suave Mint and Rosemary, or Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

YepLilly
August 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Conditioners: There are lots. Personally I use Aussie Moist, Suave Mint and Rosemary, or Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

Another vote for Aussie Moist (and Aussie 3MM for deep conditioning). As for shampoo, I'm still looking for the right one. Right now I'm giving Garnier Length and Strength a try, let's see how it goes.

Lilli
August 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
have you tried looking at things made for curly people? CURLS, Curl Junkie and Jessicurl all have SLS free poos and high moisture, no protein (no cones) conditioners... might be worth looking into...

That's an interesting idea that I have not tried. My hair loves moisture so much.

Lilli ~ Hi there. Just curious, why do you want a shampoo with no protein in it? Has your hair reacted to that in the past?

I'm a newbie ~ I have lots of questions! :)

Yes, my hair gets really rough with protein.

Shampoo: Aubrey Organics Calaguala Fern (sulfate-, cone-, and protein-free).

Another vote for Aussie Moist (and Aussie 3MM for deep conditioning). As for shampoo, I'm still looking for the right one. Right now I'm giving Garnier Length and Strength a try, let's see how it goes.

Aussie Moist is readily available - I'll check it out.