PDA

View Full Version : Back To My Roots...

BritishBraider
August 23rd, 2011, 06:41 AM
So with my continued bad wrists I can no longer easily dye my own hair so have gone back to the colour of my roots (ash brown I think). It was done professionally, and whilst I realise that red is a difficult colour to lift or cover I expected a wee bit more of a difference: (first pic is before)

http://pics.livejournal.com/britishbraider/pic/000ar465http://pics.livejournal.com/britishbraider/pic/000aqqtg

What do you think? Also, are those flyaways something to worry about?

newbeginning
August 23rd, 2011, 06:47 AM
First of all beautiful hair. I really like the length. I can understand you wanting to go back to your natural colour. I can see what you mean that there's not much difference. I don't know if that is because as you said red is hard to cover or because the stylist/salon didn't know what they were doing.

Alaia
August 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
I can tell a difference - you are right, it's very slight, but it is there. Especially towards your roots. You're probably now in a place where growing out your natural ashy colour won't look too obvious.

I did the same thing last week (went to the salon to get a colour close to my natural ashy colour so I can grow it out) and there wasn't much difference for me either - my colourist told me that ashy natural colours are really hard to get right, and usually warm colours come closer to the right shade. So from an ashy light blonde she has turned me into a slightly golden medium blonde so I can grow out my very ashy medium blonde natural colour.

Your hair is gorgeous, btw.

As for the flyaways - have you washed your hair yet? You may just need a bit of moisturising conditioner after the dye.

spidermom
August 23rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
Very pretty hair. I wouldn't worry too much about the fly-aways. We all have them, I think.

Gumball
August 23rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
I think your hair still looks great. I also agree with spidermom. I wouldn't worry too much about flyaways. If I worried about mine, I'd do nothing else. Darn perma-halo! :silly: I'm sorry that you're still going through wrist problems. :grouphug:

NightOwl26
August 23rd, 2011, 08:58 PM
Very beautiful hair BritishBraider. It doesn't look like a i/ii either, it looks thicker. You can probably get away with growing your roots out. I have ashy roots next to my golden light brown dyed hair (growing it out). They're nearly the same shade and aren't that obvious. If it bothers you, you can use a toner every now and then.

May
August 23rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
I think you should go back to the salon and ask them to recolour it because your hair looks EXACTLY the same and is NOT ash. To counter red they should have used a green based ash. Your hair is lovely nonetheless :D Gorgeous!!

BritishBraider
August 30th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all your kind words, it appears to have got darker after the first wash, will post a pic when I can. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Yozhik
August 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Your hair length and texture is absolutely stunning!

If I had straighter hair, I'd want it to look just like yours. :love:

I do see a difference between the two photos. When I grew out my roots, I didn't redye, just sported the two-toned look for a while (for whatever reason my dye faded in streaks, so after a while it just looked like natural highlights).

I haven't heard of dye turning darker, though.