PDA

View Full Version : Other hair goals

claymoregalatea
August 22nd, 2011, 05:01 AM
Hello everybody, just wanted to know if you had other hair goals other than overal length. :p This includes growing out chemical dye, layers whatever. Interesting stories welcome. I want to grow out my fringe- it's to the middle of my nose if you stretch the longest bit. :D

Alaia
August 22nd, 2011, 05:05 AM
I think there's quite a few of us wanting to grow out virgin hair, myself included. I just got it dyed last Wednesday to a colour that hopefully is similar enough to my natural colour that it won't look horrible to grow out.

My overall goal is knee length hair, but my other goals are that it be a blunt hemline (which may not be possible, if knee length is at all possible for me) and all virgin hair.

Mesmerise
August 22nd, 2011, 05:26 AM
Grow out all my shedding related taper, and then grow out all my chemical dye/heat damage (the taper will take somewhat less time to grow out... but errm not much more than a few months different because my shedding stopped about 6 months before my last chemical colour/heat straightening episode).

My ultimate goal is healthy hip length hair! I should get to hip before achieving my other goals though!

CurlyMopTop
August 22nd, 2011, 05:33 AM
Just keeping my virgin hair healthy as it grows. I am beginning to get a few white hairs, so if I don't like the way it looks when more of it starts comming in, maybe trying henna/indigo down the road. :D

Mayflower
August 22nd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Growing out most of my layers (they're all over the place, over the years I've cut them myself in a completely random way:D). Oh and growing the hair above my left ear, which I have cut very very short (almost shaved) a year ago. It's around my chin now!

jojo
August 22nd, 2011, 06:15 AM
Mine is to grow classic length hair, with a blunt hemline and as thick as possible.

WaitingSoLong
August 22nd, 2011, 06:20 AM
I guess ultimately I want thigh length all virgin hair. It is such a long term goal (8 or more years) so who knows if I will still have that goal then. And of course it has to be healthy.

Lilli
August 22nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Growing out flatiron damage (it is from chin down for me.) Also, I had a hair dye gone bad fixed by Color Oops last month and don't know if I am going to have roots, so if I do, growing that out will be a goal.

Madora
August 22nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
I'd love to be able to accomplish a 4 strand braid that looked tidy and not wonky.

Scarlet_Heart
August 22nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Ugh, I'm at waist, and I have 4-5 inches of chemically damaged scraggly ends. The rest of my hair feels so soft and amazing when I run my fingers through it and then :rant: I get to those last few inches that feel like straw. But if I were to cut that off, I would be back at BSL and it doesn't look bad; it just feels bad. So anyway, I just can't wait to get my goal length and then eventually cut that out.

longcurlygirl<3
August 22nd, 2011, 07:49 AM
Tailbone length, and healthy of course. I want to be able to have my curls at that length as well.

dulce
August 22nd, 2011, 07:50 AM
1 want to grow to tailbone all one length[am around waist or an inch or so above] which will take years[if it still can grow that long due to my age?] And am growing out varied layers and also bangs.Also have natural hair to collarbones but dyed for the rest so am growing out the dye also,it's all a long term project.

YepLilly
August 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Right now I'm focusing on thickness over length, controlling the breakage/shedding, and evening up my hairline. Baby steps :D

Avital88
August 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
i would love to have thick ends,, right now i have hairloss since last week so my hard work will be probably for nothing,

Ishje
August 22nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
yes, I would like to have virgin hair and healthy ends :)
before I was growing out my fringe but now I am considering getting a new one.

freckles
August 22nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
my other goal is to reduce split ends. I have thousands upon thousands of split ends. I am hoping that as I trim off 'pre LHC' hair (when I reach my length goal) and with regular trimming, they may decrease. Not sure though :/

Turtle
August 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
My goal is to reduce the amount of breakage I cause. Also to get rid of my annoying dandruff and bring out my strawberry blonde shades, using a rosemary tea leave-in rinse. I would like to learn how to do more up-dos, especially with volume (Think 1940's-1960's style).

celebriangel
August 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
I want to find my "perfect red " - i'm a henna head, looking at veggie dyes to see which one gives me the red I love most when I layer it over my henna. I also want a different hemline - I prefer the kind of u-shape which is masquerading as straight across, but at the moment I have a fairly steep u. All this, along with growing to at least tbl and maybe classic :)

Kumiko033
August 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Along the way of growing out my pixie, I think it's about 7 inches now.
I don't want length only cause after bob length I'll be happy.
I want to keep my thickness and start loving my curly hair since I finaly found out how it doesn't frizz after 17 years. I think I'll have my bob in about 4 or 5 month's in the length I want it to be and I'll finaly be able to see how thick my hair is.

Kricket
August 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Just to be competent at styling my own hair for work/school. I learned how to just braid my hair a little more than a year ago and I'm trying not to hit a plateau in what I learn how to do with my hair. It helps that my hair is growing out and it's now long enough to do some styles I couldn't do when I started learning a year ago! =)

edensapples
August 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
I am growing out red coloring, I would idealy like to have virgin coloring but.. I'm not sure I can be that patient. I have about 3 inches of the virgin stuff right now - and it feels nice, but the color is so blah.

Bambi
August 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I want to grow long healthy virgin hair and learn awesome updo's on the way:)

islandboo
August 22nd, 2011, 02:59 PM
My hair is already virgin so I want to have the fortititude not to succumb to temptations like henna. I want to end up at tailbone with decent thickness, so my goal now is to shoot for classic and see if I can't thicken up my hemline by cutting back to tb once I get there.

MissManda
August 22nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
My first goal is to have all of my layers trimmed out. Since I cut from almost Hip up to BSL, I am extremely close to accomplishing this since I have only one layer left. I also intend to S&D any remaining damage from those layers out so that my hair does not break at the same rate it is growing which is what took me so long to get to waist length in the first place.

My second goal is to maintain thick, healthy ends as my hair gets longer again. I intend to do regular microtrims and dustings to keep everything neat and tidy.

My final goal is to eventually have a Tailbone length braid while keeping taper to a minimum. I adore the image of having the end of my braid not quite brushing the floor/chair/etc. when I sit down.

Ermine
August 22nd, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm trying to keep my hair in optimal condition, avoid split ends so I don't have to trim as often, grow out a few inches of highlights and lowlights, and figure out a way to stretch washes. I also want my hair to be as thick as possible.

I'm also trying to get my hair all one length at my chin in the near future.

Lianna
August 22nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm also growing out my bangs.

gthlvrmx
August 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
Have thick thick thick floor length hair so that i can have that thick braid i'd love to wear around instead of this small braid i have. Be able to stretch out my COwashes to 3 weeks. Finally know the right BALANCE for my hair to not get build up on anything.

Pierre
August 22nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
I'd like to have my beard and hair the same length when the beard is brought up to my ear, so that I can braid two strands of hair and one of beard without running out of beard. It's like that right now, but about 8 cm from the end of the beard is a thin spot, and from there on it's starting to tatter.

Quetiepi
August 22nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
My goal is to have waist length virgin gray hair with a nice thick hemline. It's at my waist now, but the virgin part is only to my ears. I get an inch trimmed off every 8 or 9 months and eventually the virgin hair will be down to my waist. Miss Clairol can take a hike.

Copasetic
August 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I really want a nice, thick, even hemline.

dRummie
August 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Length isn't my main goal. In order of importance:
1. Healthier hair. It's all virgin to begin with, but has been subjected to careless brushing and harsh shampoos + no conditioner.
2. Encouraging curls. I'll take curls over length, and curl-enhancing layers over smooth updos.
3. BSL :p

Evalea
August 22nd, 2011, 08:34 PM
Healthy hair would be my main goal. Right now my hair is damaged from curling irons. It splits so badly when I use heat! I would love to have it waist or tail-bone length, thick v-shaped hemline, and all the weird layers from previous cuts grown out.

BlazingHeart
August 22nd, 2011, 08:46 PM
I want to learn to do more with my waves (which I've always brushed out) and get better at up-dos. The last time I had my hair past waist, I chopped it because it tangled too much when down and I didn't know how to put it up, but I want to learn this time!

~Blaze

wooliswonderful
August 22nd, 2011, 09:06 PM
I want to grow out my layers and be brave enough to gray naturally. :)

AnnaJamila
August 22nd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Getting my hair to grow in thicker! I'm trying alternating castor oil and keffir, along with daily massage of rose water. Smells soooooooooo good!

McFearless
August 22nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
1. Avoid the temptation to cut for the next 2 years.
2. I want to no longer have to use bobbypins to secure my former bangs. They are currently at chin and I need them to be at collarbone length for that to happen.

Lissandria
August 23rd, 2011, 04:53 AM
I want to grow out my layers completely and reduce my hair fall. These are my additional hair goals.

kidari
August 23rd, 2011, 05:05 AM
Learn more updos that can be done fast and look perfect almost every time. Simplify my haircare routine, cut down on the amount of different products I use, and rely on more simple and natural ingredients. I want to have a thick hemline at hip by next summer, oh wait that's length-related!

ingvild
August 23rd, 2011, 05:52 AM
For the longest time my goal has been to have a long, thick braid with minimal taper... that is my number one reason for growing out my hair. :p

So in order to get there... trim away my layers, and grow my hair in thicker (had a bit of a shed recently..). I also want my natural colour back.

Curly_jas
August 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
Besides length my other main (and very important) goal is to have healthy curly hair.

1) have a head of 3a/3b/3c (not too sure which type my hair is a majority of, it's been so long since i've seen the natural curls :() curls instead of the partly curly and partly bleached/heat damaged ends i have at the moment.
2)grow my hair out back to it's natural jet black colour
3)get rid of the wierd uneven layers i have and maintain a V shape/blunt hemline

Overall i think my goal as i said is just to have healthy (of course "long" hehe) hair and appreciate my natural hair, as i really miss my jet black shiny curls now i can tell you, after so many dyes etc. Once i reach this stage i don't think will need to obsess about my hair so much as i will be very happy knowing it's healthy and then just allowing it to grow to whatever length i'm going for.

hemolymph
August 23rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
My first big goal is to get all my layers grown out so it's all one length. I've had layers for over 12 or so years and I want something new. Layers are hard to grow out when your hair is damaged because my top layer always has the most damage and always needs the most trimming!

Then, my big goal is to have a thick blunt hemline!

Next is to get my highlights grown out and be all natural! I don't might getting a few accent high lights now and again but nothing major.

Autumn Light
August 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
I want to grow out my layers and get my hair in a healthier condition. It is quite damaged from too much heat and highlighting.

Scarlet_Heart
August 23rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
I want to find my "perfect red " - i'm a henna head, looking at veggie dyes to see which one gives me the red I love most when I layer it over my henna. I also want a different hemline - I prefer the kind of u-shape which is masquerading as straight across, but at the moment I have a fairly steep u. All this, along with growing to at least tbl and maybe classic :)

That sounds interesting! Do you have a link to any kind of info on veggie dying? I'm intrigued... :cool:

Alexannee10
August 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Humm .. I'm not original, but I'd love to grow out my heat damaged hair (about BSL yup yup) and of course, have all virgin hair ..

C.H.
August 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
1. I'd like to improve the health/length of the hair along my front hairline. I know this hair will never catch up to the rest, but I'm certain it can be healthier, and I'm pretty sure it could be longer, too. I have a lot of splits here.

2. I'd also like a healthier canopy. It's not terribly damaged, but I think there's room for improvement.

3. I hope that in taking better care of my hair I might eventually increase my pony circumference slightly by minimizing breakage. I don't have a lot of taper, but I would prefer to have even less than I do now. So, I'd call this an overall minimizing breakage goal.

4. I'm trying to get my hair fully properly moisturized. I'm doing a lot of SMTs. A lot of people say they get to a point where they don't need to SMT often anymore, so I will consider this goal met when frequent deep conditioning no longer seems necessary. Although, I've recently learned that it's possible to overmoisturize your hair, so now I'm getting a little concerned about how I'll know if I'm overdoing it.

5. Figure out just how protein sensitive, if at all, my hair actually is. For some reason, I'm kind of afraid protein and avoid it, but I need to suck it up and do some real experiments so I'll know for sure.

6. Figure out what kind of oil, if any, my hair likes and also figure out the best way to incorporate it into my routine. I suspect this will take a long time to figure out given the number of oils I now have onhand to experiment with, any many different ways to apply it. There are actually so many different possible combinations I'm intimidated to even start experimenting.

7. Minimize split ends. I'm kind of split end-prone, and I'm eager to see how much of a difference careful handling will make with this.

ETA: Oh, and I'd like to add more variety to my hairstyles.

Ashenputtel
August 23rd, 2011, 02:51 PM
My number one goal, before lenght, is healthy, thick, virgin hair. I've never been bog on heat styling but I did do a lot of damage with color.

Right now my shortest layer is above shoulder (including bangs) and my longest at BSL. I will maintain my hair between BSL and midback this year to grow out the layers and the dye and once I achieve almost a blunt haircut I will focus on the growth till WL which is my ultimate goal.

I don't know any updos and I would like to learn some has my hair gets ticker.

My biggest temptation is either going back red or getting more highlights. I'm gonna try to stay away from it...

proo
August 23rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm searching for low maintainence ways to care for and style my hair so that it takes care of itself, so to speak, by being coated with it's own sebum; eventually I'm hoping this leads to more unity between my frizzy canopy and straighter under layer.

SusanSt
August 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'd like to get my hair healthier-looking and shinier, and learn how to do more braiding and buns.

racrane
August 23rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
So many goals! Hip length, blunt hemline, no layers or bangs, all virgin hair. Right now I have slightly damaged, highlighted APL blonde hair with layers and chin length "bangs". So I have a long way to go. But I am confident I will get there eventually. :) I'm enjoying the journey.

Zesty
August 23rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
I want to grow out my bangs (currently just past my mouth) and the few layers I have around my face. I want a blunt, U-shaped hemline around tailbone length. And of course I want healthy hair. I'm only going to trim rarely until I get to tailbone, and then I'm planning to maintain with small trims until bangs/layers/thickness catch up. Once I've got all that... I might continue on to classic. :P

QueenJoey
August 23rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
I'd definitely like to get rid of my taper, eventually all of my layers. For now, I want my bangs to grow at least past my shoulders (the shortest bit is just above chin).

Selkietea
August 23rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
I want to grow out all my chemical dye, but I'll most likely stick with henna when I need a change. My shorter term goal is get my hair to APL and then when it gets longer, to cut it all to one length. And lastly, just take a lot better care of my hair in terms of washing, oiling, etc.

growingpains
August 23rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Sooo many goals, including length, as follows:

1. Tied for first place: grow to hip and thicken hem
2. In order to thicken hem (and stop the cutting - I can't handle thin hair) I need to grow out my currently chin length bangs
3. To thicken hem I also need to slowly cut out the last few inches of damage.
4. To maximize my success with all this I also have the goal of continuing to learn to take better care of my hair, through wearing up as much as I can handle, varying my updos to avoid breakage and avoiding heat!

good thread.

I can't wait for thick hip length hair!

Mamakash
August 23rd, 2011, 08:40 PM
Increasing thickness and density . . . I'm not sure how much I can fight genetics and age, so it's been an interesting experiment. I have a high forehead, which I'm trying to combat with massage and indian hair oils. So far, I've been doing it since the beginning of the year and I'm pleased with the results. There's more resistance of my wide tooth comb through my hair and when I brush my hair upside down and flip it back there's a whole lotta hair! :) I cut off the remainder of the old, old highlights and the color is consistent from the roots to the ends . . . a nice medium brown. I've learned to appreciate my own hair color . . . thanks LHC!

Garnet66
August 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
My other hair goals are 1) grow out my bangs (currently eye length) so I have a way to go on that. 2) Be at peace with my natural haircolor. I like my natural color but get self concous when people whisper amongst themselves about it.