PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about putty, pomade, or paste

Jcv-Shelley
August 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
I've been looking for a while for the answer to my question but I couldn't quite find it. Lately, I've been hearing that it's great for taming frizz and whatnot but I haven't had the guts to try it. A few things trouble me so I wanna get the out of my head. I've heard that as long as their is no drying alcohols in the product it is safe. I only plan to scrunch it into my head to tame morning frizz. But can you leave it in for a couple days? Or brush through it? Would it be possible to wash out if you only use a tiny amount?
Thanks for reading. :)

newbeginning
August 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm no expert but I'm guessing the things you're talking about are made for short hair to sort of spike it up or texturize the ends? I thought that was what putty and paste were for. I'm not sure about pomade. I've used paste/putty to slick my hair into a bum (years ago) but it made it look oily and kind of gross.

Jcv-Shelley
August 21st, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm no expert but I'm guessing the things you're talking about are made for short hair to sort of spike it up or texturize the ends? I thought that was what putty and paste were for. I'm not sure about pomade. I've used paste/putty to slick my hair into a bum (years ago) but it made it look oily and kind of gross.

Well actually I have almost BSL length hair, I just wanted to know the side effects of leaving it in for days and continually brushing through the product. I don't put it on the length because it does look oily (your not the only one :D) but I use it to keep my bangs to the side. Since my hair has asian genetics it's resistant to side-parts, at least for me. Sometimes I use it on my head to fluff up my hair since it's usually flat.

ennuideluxe
August 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM
The putty that I had was for spiky hair when it was even shorter than it is now, and it was really, really strong and sticky. Think male anime hair, and you'll have a pretty good idea of how I looked!

Perhaps I used too much (I used the amount the hairdresser showed me) but there's no way I could have gotten a widetoothed comb through it, let alone a brush.

Im sure they aren't all the same though, so maybe youll find something that works for you. Good luck!

AnnaJamila
August 21st, 2011, 05:29 PM
They aren't designed for long hair, but if you use them sparingly, like a tiny blob rubbed between your hands and smoothed over the canopy of your hair it can work really, really well for frizz. Be careful, it's really easy to get too much and then your hair looks greasy and piecy and just bleh. Also I've found that your hair gets dirty a lot faster, so if you're trying to stretch washes or some such thing it could be counterproductive.

I like using styling creme this way, it works really well.

Jcv-Shelley
August 21st, 2011, 05:37 PM
The putty that I had was for spiky hair when it was even shorter than it is now, and it was really, really strong and sticky. Think male anime hair, and you'll have a pretty good idea of how I looked!

Perhaps I used too much (I used the amount the hairdresser showed me) but there's no way I could have gotten a widetoothed comb through it, let alone a brush.

Im sure they aren't all the same though, so maybe youll find something that works for you. Good luck!

Haha, as long as you had fun with your hair I see no problems :laugh: . I'm actually into the creamier ones, they don't hold styles well but are easier to wash out from what I've experienced. My hairdressers almost never show me how to style my hair when it's cut. But I've run into a couple good and bad hairdressers. I might have some luck since I'm not planning to run it through my length, and thank you. :)

They aren't designed for long hair, but if you use them sparingly, like a tiny blob rubbed between your hands and smoothed over the canopy of your hair it can work really, really well for frizz. Be careful, it's really easy to get too much and then your hair looks greasy and piecy and just bleh. Also I've found that your hair gets dirty a lot faster, so if you're trying to stretch washes or some such thing it could be counterproductive.

I like using styling creme this way, it works really well.

Thank you, this is just what I was looking for! And I prefer the creme ones too. :p