PDA

View Full Version : Brush assistance

egg99
March 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Hey all. I've been around a while now, and I've been hearing all this talk of brushes etc. I don't know what mine is called!
http://i101.piczo.com/view/r/h/w/p/9/x/w/d/f/t/t/img/i290575333_46296_4.jpg
Can someone please tell me what type of brush this is? Many thanks!

Teacherbear
March 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I seem to have seen those before, but can't remember where. Is it smooth (no seams)?

sweetkandi
March 13th, 2008, 09:35 PM
oooh that looks nice, do you remember where you got it?

egg99
March 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Teacherbear, yes, it has got seams.

Sweetkandi, it used to belong to my mum. It has the Avon logo on it, so I'm assuming she must have got it out of the catalogue years ago. I think she had two of the same brush and a comb to match, but my brother has those two (yeah, he has more brushes than me)!

It's just puzzling me because I'm hearing all this talk about brush types and I don't feel I can contribute if I don't really know what mine's called!

HeavenlyTresses
March 14th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Before I even got to the later replies I knew that was an Avon brush, my mom used to have one and I think my grandma had one too. I always loved it because it didn't have those little bubbles at the end of the bristles that my hair always gets stuck on. Sorry I am no help because I have no idea what it's called :(.

egg99
March 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe I should christen it the "Avon Brush"??? ;)

egg99
March 18th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hey guys and gals. Sorry to bring this up again, but I wonder if anyone has had any thoughts to what my brush is called yet?

WritingPrincess
March 18th, 2008, 05:49 PM
No, I'm sorry I don't. I hope you find out.

diginado
March 18th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I remember the 70's, at least most of them and I think this was called a flair brush. Added lots of volume. And I can't find them in people stores but have picked them up at pet shops (good thing I have pets, I get a brush for them too!). I loved Avon brushes, this one was so easy to clean and I had another favorite, which I would love to find again. I keep looking on ebay but not yet. Oh, well.

Teacherbear
March 18th, 2008, 08:15 PM
How about an "all one piece plastic Avon brush." Not much of a flare to the name, but it *is* descriptive!

egg99
March 19th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I appreciate it :)