PDA

View Full Version : Stress Cut!

AnnaJamila
August 21st, 2011, 01:19 AM
Alright, alright, put down your torches and pitchforks!

So, I cut my hair! I know, I know, never cut when you're stressed but . . . ah shucks, rules are made to be broken! ;) Using this video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI8PFCEwm6E&feature=relmfu <<< I cut my hair into layers! And it's not even any shorter 'cause I'm awesome like that! :cool:

I LOVE it! I used to hate layers because they made my hair feel so thin, but I did this with a good pair of shears instead of a razor so I didn't rip out half the hair after I cut it! I love the results, my hair feels so nice and soft and full and flowy! <3 And I have old bangs that are still growing out and this trimed those (sad) ends. I was so impatient to grow them out they didn't get any love and didn't blend well into my hair. Now it looks like they're there on purpose!

Plus I have that new cut smell!

Well, you know what I mean! :p

pixiestar
August 21st, 2011, 01:28 AM
I would love to see some pic's:D
I love the video clip as well.

julliams
August 21st, 2011, 01:35 AM
That is a great video. Thanks for sharing. Glad it worked out for you - did you actually cut it yourself or did you have someone else do it for you?

AnnaJamila
August 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM
Sorry, no camera! Plus I don't trust the interwebs, pixiestar, if that is your real name . . . :suspect:

Lol, don't mind me, I'm just hyper!

AnnaJamila
August 21st, 2011, 01:39 AM
I did it. The hair went waaaay over the pressed finger thing, so I clenched my fingers and gently pulled down the hair with my other hand. I meant to wait until a reasonable time tomorrow buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut . . . I didn't! :D

It was rediculously easy; the only difficult part was phasing in the bangs and I figured that out in no time. I love her other videos, too. :)

Rusticular
August 21st, 2011, 02:15 AM
Ahhh! Such a good video! I've been wanting to cut some layers into my hair for a while now, but I've been too scared to.

Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow evening? xD

AnnaJamila
August 22nd, 2011, 08:56 PM
The cut is dry and "styled" lol, as far as LHC standards go, and I love how much movement I have now. It seems fuller but the ends do look a bit thinner, but I'm happy with it. I think the next time I cut I'll pull the layers back a bit instead of straight up in the air, so there's less distance between the layers. I LOVE this cut!!! :)

insomniac-uk
August 22nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Great video, I might try this I really want some long layers but don't want to go to a hairdresser.

tinywife
August 22nd, 2011, 09:29 PM
AnnaJamila, I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait until my hair is long enough to do this! I bet yours is just beautiful.

AnnaJamila
August 22nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Aww, thank you! I am excited about how it turned out, it's so different and fun! It looked kind of intimidating, but I just played the movie (pausing occasionally :p) while I cut and it turned out so well! I have this bookmarked on my browser!!! She has some pretty good advice over all on hair care- and she's just so cute her videos always crack me up! :D

Kathie
August 22nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Thats a pretty hair cut! If I was going to have layers this is how I'd want them.
Thanks for posting :)