PDA

View Full Version : Stylist kept my ponytail for the local Cancer Society

LisaButz2001
August 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
So, today I had booked an appointment for a trim and the stylist could not believe how long my hair was (mid-thigh) because she hadn't seen me in two years. This was the longest it had ever been actually. So she said, "Would you cut enough to let me donate it to the Cancer Society?" And I was like, "Oh, I hadn't planned to go that short, maybe just my waist." And she told me she could cut it to the top of my butt and still have enough. So I said yes. Low and behold, she cut it to exactly what she'd shown me in the mirror, which felt thicker and softer, then tidied up the ends and french braided it.

She was growing hers to donate too, but had not reached the right length yet, and apparently a woman donated an arm length ponytail recently. What surprised me was the lack of pressure and the willingness to not cut it shorter than necessary, even though I was OK with waist level.

It's a lot nicer now, but I'll have to cut it again sooner than I thought, since it isn't waist length. It shouldn't tangle as much, I shall be able to do more with it, and it won't be such a nuisance. I probably will grow it out again, but for a little while, I shall enjoy not sitting on it.

Slinks
August 20th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Way to go !! :-)

angelfell
August 20th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I'm really glad your stylist didn't pressure you into whacking it off :p! Seems to me she was very considerate. I can not imagine having thigh-length hair.. not that I wouldn't want it, but that I'm too impatient to wait that long XD. I bet it feels different to have it so much shorter, even though it's still down to the top of your butt. Anywho, glad you're happy with it, and I bet it feels good to have donated it :)!

spidermom
August 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I hope they put your hair to good use. Enjoy the new length.

LisaButz2001
August 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Me too spidermom, she said she's been doing it for years. I ought to have asked if they made them here or sent them overseas. On the one hand, I meant to cut my hair, but it would be a shame, if the stylist's contribution was going to Locks of Love. I don't know whether to be happy she went to this length, or disappointed it isn't waist. Although at the time, I was conflicted that waist would feel/look too short.

Yozhik
August 20th, 2011, 06:25 PM
It looks like you found a great, considerate stylist! She definitely sounds like a keeper. :flower:

As for the length, well, you can always cut it shorter if you decide it's not short enough, but it's difficult to put back cut length off once it's gone, so at least you have a length you know you're comfortable with. :)

LisaButz2001
August 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Yozhik, the funny thing is my sister went to her yesterday for layers maintenance, but she got mullet-like results only 3 days before she's meant to be in her best friend's wedding. I was actually even more nervous, but mine was OK. Of course with me, it was only a blunt, one length cut, and I was a dry cut and not a walk in.

dawnss
August 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Yay! I am glad that your stylist did not pressure you into doing something you were not comfortable with.