PDA

View Full Version : Normal curly hair loss

mistofvongola
August 20th, 2011, 12:26 PM
redaction.

katsrevenge
August 20th, 2011, 12:49 PM
How many hairs is in each ball? Normal is around a hundred or a bit more or less. I know when my hair is as long as yours 10 of the buggers makes a really sizable ball.

Hotrox
August 20th, 2011, 12:57 PM
It looks pretty similar to me! I know now I wear my hair curly, and often up I loose a lot in the shower. I figure that if I brushed my hair daily, or the hairs were smooth and straight so that those that fell out during the day and just fell to the floor so I didn't notice them, there would probably be much less in the shower plughole.

Also, once each hair is longer it will look like more in total but really its the same amount of hair as there ever was and up to 100 hairs a day is apparently about normal and I don't think there is more than this in your photos.

mistofvongola
August 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM
redaction.

virgo75
August 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
My shed rate varies based on how often I wash & detangle, and what I use on my scalp. Also, my curly hair fluffs when dry so a dry hair ball looks HUGE compared to a wet one and might look like more hair than it actually is.

I 2nd the suggestion to count them. One gross, but efficient way to do this is to run your hands through your hair while you're showering and grab the hairs that are coming out and stick them to the shower wall. If I have the time I would count them while sticking them to the wall 1 at a time with each rinse and smooth. Then when done with my shower I collect the whole mess and throw it out.

From your pics your hair doesn't look thin or thinning from what I can tell. But if after counting you're still concerned you might want to go to a doctor just to make sure everything is ok. :)

AlexiaBlue
August 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
To me it looks just about normal. I'm curly too, and I shed about that much when I wash my hair. I figure it's because I don't comb or brush my dry hair (I only finger comb with TONS of conditioner while in the shower), and I don't shed that much otherwise.

Also -- I found that using castor oil has helped with the hairline moving upward. I was experiencing the same thing, but since I've been using CO, I'm seeing all sorts of new baby hairs along my hairline where they weren't before. :) Of course, I've also been babying my hair since discovering LHC, so that has helped as well, I'm sure. My hairline has really filled in. It's crazy (in a good way).

mistofvongola
August 20th, 2011, 02:58 PM
redaction.

mistofvongola
August 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
redaction.

McFearless
August 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Its not normal for your hair to thin to the point its obvious. There might be an underlying issue.