PDA

View Full Version : how to get hair like this???

dreamsdesire
August 20th, 2011, 07:18 AM
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1437635584/nm0864308 (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1437635584/nm0864308)

my hair is bleached so how would i get my hair like this??

beccababesx
August 20th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Welcome dreamsdesire :). This probably isn't the best place to get advice regarding hair colour, although we do have fantastic hairstylists who know colour on the LHC, we mostly have experts on natural methods and long hair care - you might be better off seeking advice for this particular problem on a specialized hair colouring forum :)

heartgoesboom
August 20th, 2011, 08:30 AM
post a pic of your current hair color, but it looks as if it has some light brown throughout her hair too? were you planning on doing it yourself?

MychelleC
August 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
See a good professional stylist. You need to tone out the bleach and slowly weave in some honey and light brown. I wouldn't attempt it myself!

UltraBella
August 20th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Welcome dreamsdesire :). This probably isn't the best place to get advice regarding hair colour, although we do have fantastic hairstylists who know colour on the LHC, we mostly have experts on natural methods and long hair care - you might be better off seeking advice for this particular problem on a specialized hair colouring forum :)

I totally disagree. We have TONS of members who color their hair. This is always a good place to ask ANYTHING hair related.

Depending on what you have already, I would suspect some professional foiling with a combination of the colors in the picture would be your best bet. I wouldn't recommend it as a do it yourself job.
If you post a pic of your hair currently, I will have more to go on :)

dreamsdesire
August 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
thanks UltraBella, this is a link to my photobucket which has a pictures of my hair

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l505/featheryabigant/

I will be going to the hairdressers, but i havent got a printer to print the picture off, so i will have to tell them what to do with my hair and im not sure what to say.

selderon
August 20th, 2011, 11:07 AM
UltraBella is right: a lot of us do color our hair. Also, she's one of the best advisers you could ask for.

It looks to me like your natural color level is similar to Ashley Tisdale's, which is good news for you. You may want to consider going with cooler shades. Note that the picture you're looking at is three years old. If you're dying to be on trend, you might want to look at something more recent.

This is definitely not a do it yourself kind of color. You'll want to find a good colorist who is willing to be honest with you about the likely results, the process of getting there, and what's better for your hair even if she thinks you won't like what you hear. It may cost more initially, but the results will be worth it.

ETA: No printer? No problem. Get the pic you want on your phone, print it out at the library or find a similar color in a magazine. Most stylists and colorists are very visual and do best with a picture... plus there's no guessing what you mean that way.

In2wishin
August 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
ETA: No printer? No problem. Get the pic you want on your phone, print it out at the library or find a similar color in a magazine. Most stylists and colorists are very visual and do best with a picture... plus there's no guessing what you mean that way.

You could also call ahead to the stylist and explain that a photo of what you want is on the internet and ask if you would be able to access it at the salon to show them.

mustpannkook
August 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Your hair looks like mine was about a year ago. When I tried going darker at home I utterly failed (even though I had always dyed my hair at home, I went from jet black to nearly white) so I went to the hairdresser and just told her to get my hair back to normal color. After a while it looked like on the picture you posted. I guess if you honey-lighten would help if you want to achieve it quicker.