PDA

View Full Version : Curl Creme??

faithsdaisy421
August 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
So, after accepting that my hair may have some potential to wave to it, I am wondering if I should put anything new/special in it to help embrace the wave.

Currently I am CO, oiling 2-3 times a week, SMT every 2 weeks. But, should I be putting some type of curl creme in it to help the waves along? Do they even make curl creme that is SLS/cone free?

I am so confused :confused:... this is all so new to me. It is amazing what CO will do!

By the way... as far as product go, the cheaper the better:D

Shany
August 19th, 2011, 04:47 PM
When my hair used to wave and curl, I really liked sunsilk's curl cream (green bottle). There's a more expensive curl cream by TIGI catwalk, it's an awesome product and it lasts a long time. I don't remember if they contain cones though. I know some curlies who use aloe vera gel...
I prefer curl creams than gels, less drying IMO, except for aloe vera gel (moisturizing, cone and sls free).

Copasetic
August 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
La Coupe makes a curl cream with one water soluble cone. You can also just try scrunching in your normal leave in conditioner to encourage waves.

PraiseCheeses
August 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
This thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75147) immediately came to mind. While I haven't tried it myself (even though I was convinced to buy it - need to work up the courage to come out of the curly closet), it has gotten rave reviews from other members, and it is indeed SLS and cone free.

faithsdaisy421
August 19th, 2011, 05:16 PM
This thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75147) immediately came to mind. While I haven't tried it myself (even though I was convinced to buy it - need to work up the courage to come out of the curly closet), it has gotten rave reviews from other members, and it is indeed SLS and cone free.
You are amazing!! :love: I totally remember that thread now that I have read it! Okay... I am off to Walgreens! I'll post some pics if it turns out :D

AlexiaBlue
August 19th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I'd also suggest taking a look at "The Curlygirl Handbook" if you haven't already. There are SO many good tips in it for caring for wavy/curly hair! I discovered after I saw it mentioned on the LHC, and it was pretty life-changing. :)

chickpea
August 19th, 2011, 06:32 PM
It isn't a creme but Ecostyler gel is cheap and a great product. It has strong hold, which may be helpful if you are trying to encourage waves. Curl cremes may leave some wavies flat or not provide enough hold.

I paid less than $5 for a 32 oz tub at Sally's. It also comes in smaller sizes if you don't want to take the leap for the big tub. :)