PDA

View Full Version : need quick help - aloe/SMT related!

MonaLisa
August 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I wanna try SMT :)
i got all the ingredients and huge doubts about aloe gel.
Is it gel made especially for hair treatments?
because i have 100% natural, pure aloe gel...
it doesn't say for what purpose it is, but i think it's meant to be used for skin.
cause there is another package that's for skin burns, and this is pure aloe for moisture. i believe they mean skin...
but i never used honey or aloe gel on hair so im a newbie..
please tell me if you know/ have more tips, because i wanna do it tonight.
Hair's been so dry after seaside...and even after trim :(

Animae
August 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
As long as it is clear, and doesn't have Lidocane in it, you should be fine using the aloe on your hair.

Siiri
August 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
That's the right kind of aloe vera gel for hair, the one meant for burned skin is the wrong kind (it has some sort of pain relief I think).

MonaLisa
August 19th, 2011, 10:45 AM
thank you so much :)
quick and clear answers <3

Anje
August 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Yep, the aloe for skin is what you want. Some folks even use aloe meant for drinking (not the sweetened stuff but some sort of watery health drink) or directly from a plant, so those work too. Generally you want to avoid the stuff with alcohol (drying) or skin-numbing agents (numb scalp?) in it, which is often colored and marketed toward burns.

If you haven't clarified your hair in a long time, before an SMT is a good time to do it, because clarifying is a bit drying and the SMT will help re-moisturize your hair afterward.

Expect the SMT drips to be sticky, and have a towel around your neck. Unless you get the nasty white globs (I don't know if there's a definitive explanation for why you occasionally get those), it'll rinse out really easily despite the sticky ingredients.