PDA

View Full Version : Would it be bad to clarify again so soon?

allnaturalboy
August 19th, 2011, 06:13 AM
I'd been switching between CO and s/c (with cones) and while it worked for awhile, build up struck! I suppose it's pretty bad too since I clarified yesterday (washing twice) and got a pretty good lather with Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze, yet my hair still didn't feel fully clean. Afterwards I rinsed my hair with diluted vinegar (2 tablespoons in 1 quart of water) and parts of my hair were still kind of greasy and limp feeling. Not nearly as bad but still there. I didn't even use conditioner! Should I clarify again today? Also, can diluted vinegar rinses result in greasiness? It never did before, but maybe it's a combination with the build up? I assumed it would help, but I'm not fully sure.:confused:

julliams
August 19th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Unfortunately I don't know about clarifying so soon but I've been using Pantene's Clarifying shampoo with great success. I've been clarifying about once every 2 weeks or so and it's been fine so far. I figured that with all the silicones that go into Pantene products, the clarifying shampoo would have to be a good one.

Aeltt
August 19th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Maybe you should put less vinegar in your mix next time, it can cause greasiness when there's too much of it.
Try to shampoo once more without doing anything else to get ride of the greasiness. Some people wash their hair with those shampoo everyday, so i don't think it will hurt to use it two days in a row just this time :)