PDA

View Full Version : Appreciate your hair - In all it's tatty glory!

katienoonan
August 19th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I have been on these lovely friendly forums for around 6months now and I have spoken to so many different people about many different things..
:crush:

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for being so happy, welcoming, friendly and engaging! This is the only forum I am part of and I feel so happy that I am! :smooch:

I also want everyone to stop being so down about their hair! Whether you have a 2" pixie with crazy pink bits, 6inches of virgin precious hair or 30inches of tatty, unruly dyed/bleached and recovering hair... Appreciate what you have! I know a friend who has had waist length hair for as long as I can remember and she has begun losing patches of it due to stress... another friend has alopecia (And I have seen one or two members here who have it too) his regrowth is tiny but he baby's it and cherishes it more than I have ever cherished my own..

So love what you have, keep having light-hearted moans but try not to let it ruin your day or get you down... the sun is shiney shining (even if it's hidden behind big stormy clouds!) The birds are tweeting... you are a vessel for happiness, ideas, love... you are a fleshy blob to absorb the wonders of the universe.. Go to the nearest mirror, ignore any splits or wierd hemlines, wink at yourself and give a great big thumbs up to you! :hifive:

:grouphug:

:flower:

bte
August 19th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I agree - it's important, for all that we wish for better things for our hair, that we should be happy with what we have.

Well said!

Lollipop
August 19th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I love this. It totally just cheered me up. You're awesome :flowers:

katienoonan
August 19th, 2011, 04:05 AM
I agree - it's important, for all that we wish for better things for our hair, that we should be happy with what we have.

I know, the amount of time I have seen people with swoon-worthy beautiful hair complaining on here, it makes me so sad! It makes me want to bounce thier curls for them or wrap them in thier own hair for a big cuddle!

squiggyflop
August 19th, 2011, 04:06 AM
um.. sad about your friends.. but i dont think it really applies to me.. im quite under the impression that my hair is awesome already.. i mean.. even when its up and out of the way like it is now (beebutt bun on top of my head) its still pretty great..

halo_tightens
August 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Hee hee! Happy Friday! :cheese:

I think I shall wear my hair down, in a big ol' messy cloud. :agree:

enjay
August 20th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Thank you for one of the best posts ever!

katienoonan
August 20th, 2011, 07:41 AM
um.. sad about your friends.. but i dont think it really applies to me.. im quite under the impression that my hair is awesome already.. i mean.. even when its up and out of the way like it is now (beebutt bun on top of my head) its still pretty great..

I think everyone is under the impression that your hair is awesome, squiggly! :bowtome::bowtome::bowtome:

mariazelie
August 20th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Your are absolutely right. We are too hard on ourselves, making endless comparisons, some of it not even realistic if we see an airbrushed, totally doctored picture in a magazine. We need to concentrate on our positives and not get down dramatizing out negatives.

luthein
August 20th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Words to live by. I love the idea of a hair-hug!