PDA

View Full Version : Tangled (the movie) Just went on instant for Netflix!

mallorykay13
August 18th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Im excited. I thought you guys would get it. :cheese:

vanillabones
August 18th, 2011, 08:10 PM
:D I bought it on DVD a long time ago when it came out. I saw it many times in theaters too! It came out just around my 18th bday (my bday is in December so I saw it on my bday) I loveee that movie it's my favorite. So I am excited for you :D hahaha

Your hair in your avatar looks much like Rapunzel's color too :)

Nae
August 18th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Yay for Tangled!

Rapunzel has LHC hair you know. The hair model for the animators was an LHCer. Not that she has magical hair or anything, but her braiding powers are pretty awesome.

Rusticular
August 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Yay for Tangled!

Rapunzel has LHC hair you know. The hair model for the animators was an LHCer. Not that she has magical hair or anything, but her braiding powers are pretty awesome.
Ahh! Cool!

Love Tangled so much.. even the music's quite pretty. Need to get my hands on the DVD!

Nae
August 18th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Had to look it up, in post #69 of this thread she describes the experience of modeling for Disney.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4650&page=7

Lollipop
August 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I know! I was on Netflix just 5 minutes ago and got so excited!!! The kicker? I have the DVD downstairs :o

Slinks
August 18th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I bought it when it first came out too ..

gretchen_hair
August 18th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Thank you, I've been waiting on that. It's now added to my instant Que.

mallorykay13
August 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM
IT WAS SO GOOOD! I cried.

mallorykay13
August 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Is it bad to say I really liked her little pixie cut at the end?

xoerincolleen
August 18th, 2011, 09:51 PM

She cuts it off?! I haven't watched it yet!! :(

I came to say that my best friend told me that it was on Netflix and said "I bet Rapunzel would have posted on your long hair forums" haha!

mallorykay13
August 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM
SO SORRY. (to self:mallory keep your mouth shut.) haha NICE!

xoerincolleen
August 18th, 2011, 09:58 PM
SO SORRY. (to self:mallory keep your mouth shut.) haha NICE!

Don't worry about it :) Still going to watch it, the main guy is a total babe!

gabee
August 18th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I love this movie so much!!! I could watch it over and over lol!

wooliswonderful
August 18th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Love that movie!
Our 10 yo looks a bit like the main character. Her hair is darker blonde but it's still pretty cool. :)

Ava666
August 18th, 2011, 11:17 PM
After watching Tangled I got some major hair envy, I mean, she can run through the forest, swing on her hair, etc etc. and it never gets dirty or tangled (why they called the movie tangled, I don't know :shrug: ) and it doesn't get caught on anythingand it's long and shiny, and thick. I had to complain on my facebook that I was jealous of her hair. ... darn it disney.... why must you give girls hair envy.... I like the movie. oh and she can use her hair as a lasso... it's like elven rope. :D

Audhumla
August 18th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Pascal is cool. I still remember from the french version "Pourquoi il me regarde le crapaud ? :/" kekeke

taimatsuko
August 18th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I didn't know the hair model was an LHC'r! Awesome! That was such a cute movie, I will certainly watch it on netflix again when I get the chance.

Kyla
August 18th, 2011, 11:48 PM
DBF and I watched it together earlier today on netflix. :) We also saw it together on Valentines day. He loves it as much as I do, so it's great. :)

Revontuletar
August 18th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I love this movie, as you can probably tell from my avatar :D I bought the DVD a while ago, now I'm collecting all the memorabilia as well. I wish it was possible to have hair like that! Be able to swing from it, lasso things with it, drag it along the ground, etc. If Disney was real life her hair would be in tatters!

mallorykay13
August 18th, 2011, 11:56 PM
All I could think the whole time is, she needs to do a protective do. I wonder if her rubbing it backwards is ruining her cuticle. Oh boy. I have been LHC'd.

Revontuletar
August 19th, 2011, 12:11 AM
All I could think the whole time is, she needs to do a protective do. I wonder if her rubbing it backwards is ruining her cuticle. Oh boy. I have been LHC'd.

Hahaha me too :p What also bugged me was that she had never even had to do a S&D! Obviously if split ends, breakage and shedding actually existed in the magical world of Disney, her hair would have lost it's magic a long time ago.

thestookem
August 19th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I cringed through the whole movie. At least until she had those kids braid her hair, But I did think of how cool it would be to have 30-40ft long hair with the strength and durability of Kevlar.

The message at the end hit me hard too and made me rethink about how I've thought about other people.

Aurielle
August 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
She cuts it off?! I haven't watched it yet!! :(

I came to say that my best friend told me that it was on Netflix and said "I bet Rapunzel would have posted on your long hair forums" haha!

You should see it. Even though she does like the accidental spoiler says, I wasn't disappointed when it happened.

Though it did bug me a bit since apparently her hair will never grow back. Magic. Who knew?

Anje
August 19th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Ooh, I've been meaning to watch that. Now I can.

sarahbrownie
August 19th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Popped it on the instant queue!

But I did think of how cool it would be to have 30-40ft long hair with the strength and durability of Kevlar.

Hahahaha!

GlassWidow
August 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I came downstairs this weekend and found my 6 year old son watching it. He said "I know it's a girl movie but I really like her hair." :heart:

Angel_099
August 19th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Saw this thread last night around midnight and immediately switched over to Netflix to watch! I fell asleep half-way through since it was so late (movie was great...but I get so tired when I'm up late watching a movie). I'm going to finish it soon. Thanks so much for this post to let us know!! :)

Kindredraeven
August 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I got sooooo excited when I read this thread, I jumped up and put on my netflix,,,, :( Not available.

vanillabones
August 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Had to look it up, in post #69 of this thread she describes the experience of modeling for Disney.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4650&page=7

Thank you for posting this. So interesting!! :):)

vanillabones
August 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM

I really liked the pixie too both looks are so nice on her in the movie :D

faithsdaisy421
August 19th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I came downstairs this weekend and found my 6 year old son watching it. He said "I know it's a girl movie but I really like her hair." :heart:
My 7 year old son loves Tangled. He even has the Wii game :)

Eirelin
August 19th, 2011, 10:44 PM
I just watched it. Thank you so much for posting. It was really cute.

I want the braid with all the flowers! All I could think of when I saw that braid was, "Hey! That's arc691 from LHC!" :flower:

irisheyes
August 20th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks for posting. I watched the movie tonight. Sorry, but I think Mother Gothel was the best! Her hair was wonderful! I wonder who the hair model was for her character? I always favored those Disney villians.

Roscata
August 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks for posting this, I just watched it. :D

GlassWings
August 20th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I already bought the movie as soon as it came out but now that everyone's talking about it I'm gunna have to go watch it again :)

perkidanman
August 20th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Avert your eyes from the spoilers!!!!

*spoiler*
Is it just me, or was anyone else confused when her hair was cut? I remember thinking, "wow, he not only cut it, he gelled and styled it too..."

mallorykay13
August 20th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Avert your eyes from the spoilers!!!!

*spoiler*
Is it just me, or was anyone else confused when her hair was cut? I remember thinking, "wow, he not only cut it, he gelled and styled it too..."

Haha, At first I thought you meant plot wise, but yes, I agree. He did gel it.

TheLurkingToad
August 20th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I am pretty sure I will end up watching this tomorrow when I am suppose to be doing something productive.