PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who's always had long hair?

GoldberryHair
August 18th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I don't know if there's a thread on this, if there is I didn't see it.

I see all the "growing" threads here, and I just wondered if there was anyone here that's like me and has always had pretty long hair, (I've always been at BSL/Waist.)

And if you've ever had an urge to go short? Why you've always been long?

I love the look, I think really long hair is just go pretty and feminine and can do so much with it.

Capybara
August 18th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I've always had long hair, by society's standards. Partially for religious reasons, partially because it's easier, and partially because of vanity :P

princessp
August 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Me too except twice. Once when I shaved my head because I was punk (not sure the look suited me though). And I always forget this, but I also had shortish hair for a few months in kindergarten. I cut my own hair because I wanted to look like my idol the beautiful Dorothy Hamill ~lol, that will mean something to a few of you). :)

newbeginning
August 18th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I've always had long hair (BSL-waist and longer) except for cutting it to about shoulder due to illness. I'm used to it long and I don't know if short hair would suit me (and I wouldn't have the patience to grow it out).

slz
August 18th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Last time I had short hair (chin) was somewhere in high school, I think ? I have very bad memory so I don't recall well. Anyway since then, it's been growing and most of my life it has been hip or longer, with trims in between of course.
Anything shorter than BSL makes for the dreaded triangle look, and anything shorter than chin really doesn't suit me (read : I think it's horrendous).

Rusticular
August 18th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I had 'boy hair' for a wee while as a young kid of about five/six(thanks to the neighbor making a complete mess of it). All throughout highschool I'd just kept growing it and growing it, occassionally chopping back to BSL in the first few years. By the time I was out of school and working I had hip length hair. Aaaand then I agreed to be a student model at a salon. The student was lovely, but she made a mistake and the whole lot had to be chopped to above BSL. Man was I pis**d! Been re-growing ever since. :}

kanaka
August 18th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I have always had long hair. classic length in my teens, chopped it off to BSL for a pretty short hairstyle.felt so bad and growed my hair to TB length and now its hip length as i got my hair cut two months back(front layers and back U shape):(. trying to grow my hair again.

Rosetta
August 18th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I've hovered around BSL for most of my life :) Except once in my early 20's I cut it to just above shoulder length, due to damage from bleach and perms. But I guess by society's standards I've nearly always had long or fairly long hair (except as a child, but I wouldn't count that since it wasn't my decision really).

lapispimpernel
August 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Always long by society's measure. I had it generally been between waist and BSL in elementary, and BSL +/- for high school and college. I cut to between shoulder/APL a few years ago. (Everyone swore it was still long. Weirded me out.) Briefly flirted with the idea of getting a middy :rolleyes: just before finding LHC. Don't know why- there's no way I would have done pincurls every day.

I don't think hair above my shoulders would suit me at all. Actually, I know it wouldn't, because there's a stupid stubborn impossible-to-flat-iron flip right between chin and shoulder. I have enough trouble looking put together without a weird hair thing going on all the time. :D

ouseljay
August 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I have always had "long" hair, it has never been shorter than BSL since it grew that long as a little kid. My mom liked it that way, and so did I. But it has also never managed to grow longer than waist length because it's prone to splits and overzealous hair dressers. It's nearly waist length again now, here's hoping I can coax it to keep going.

Artsy
August 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
There seams to be a few people here who always had long hair:) I had my hair always cut around bsl since 12th grade, and before that I wouldn't cut at all. Once I gave my hairstylist a go to do whatever to my hair. He chopped it off just below shoulder:) It was a fun style to wear, but I grew it out to bsl pretty fast anyway.
I get people saying to me that I would look good with a bob, but I know that's not what I want:)

Loreley
August 18th, 2011, 10:33 AM
My hair had to be cut very short after a chewing gum got stuck in it when I was 4. I've been growing my hair since then. At primary school it was about waist length, tailbone at high school. In the first year of college I joined the LHC and I started "really" growing and take a better care of it.
I wanted to cut it when I was 13 but my mother didn't let me do it because I had to wear it in a french braid during folk dance performances. A year later I stopped dancing but then I preferred long hair so I didn't cut it.

LisaButz2001
August 18th, 2011, 02:17 PM
My hair has always been waist or more. The longest being mid-thigh today. I have gotten the urge to cut it in recent years, but I love having long hair. I'm actually debating now whether to try waist or tailbone, when I cut it on Saturday.