PDA

View Full Version : Taking Pictures Of The Back Of Your Head

UP Lisa
August 18th, 2011, 06:23 AM
This morning my hair was looking so nice and wavy, and I haven't had a new picture of it in ages. So, for the first time I tried taking a picture of it in the mirror like a see so many of you do. Well, someone should have been there to take a video of me trying to do that!:D

I don't know if I got any that are usable, but I did learn a few things such as:

1. Don't use a flash
2. Don't fall off the sink
3. Make sure you have a lot of time
4. Have a good battery when you start
5. Prepare to have to delete a lot of really bad pictures

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Ligeia_13
August 18th, 2011, 06:30 AM
I have had much experience with No.5 For some reason, I can never make my camera level with the ground when I'm holding it.

On the plus side, I've taken many photos of my butt and legs :D

CarpeDM
August 18th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Oh yeah, I've had the same experience!

Alaia
August 18th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I took back of head pictures in the mirror once. Then I figured out a better way to do it ;)

I use the timer on my camera ;)

Ligeia_13
August 18th, 2011, 06:36 AM
^ I do too now. After finding that my bathroom mirror is the perfect height :)

Madora
August 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Yes, bathroom pics can be a hassle. I finally decided to try photographing my hair outdoors, with a tripod and timer. Much better results!

xoerincolleen
August 18th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Yeah, it's hard to do a mirror shot of the back of your head! I put my camera on my dresser and use the timer. It's a lot easier!

PinkyCat
August 18th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Yup, a total pain. Especially if I want a good hair shot - not a good lumpy body from behind shot. :cheese:

spidermom
August 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
At first, yes. If I pointed the camera straight at the mirror, I got a nice picture of the light fixtures over the mirror. If I pointed it down, I got a nice picture of the sink. I finally found that nice in-between angle so don't have much trouble any more.

IanB
August 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Yes, the best bet is a tripod, and use the camera's shutter timer facility

UP Lisa
August 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I'll have to try that timer method. Don't have a tripod anymore.