PDA

View Full Version : Remove semi-permanent hairdye from hair

Kumiko033
August 18th, 2011, 04:53 AM
I've been using La Riche Directions this month to try some funky hair colours so I won't have to damage my hair when it's long. ( I have a bad habit of trying everything..) so..now I'm ready again to be serious and gentle to my hair.

I want to use henna again but I have to remove the purple that's still in my hair now ofcourse. How do I remove this colour as quick as possible?

PS: Pictures of my hair are in my album, I am having trouble with simply everything about my hair at this point. I feels healthier then ever but I can't do $h!t with it..
If anyone has an idea, it's most certainly welcome! Headbands simply make me look dumb and I do wear hats and thing's like that but I want to show my face..it just makes me depressed haha.

Pss: I had a few hairs that we're extremely curly, felt like plastic and I could tear them right out of my head..what are they and what's causing them ?

Sorry for so many questions!

pink.sara
August 19th, 2011, 01:04 AM
You can henna over the directions purple, initially it will probably give a plum tone to your henna but this will fade to leave normal henna after a while. I've been henna and indigoing over manic panic and directions for a few years now.
If you wanted it gone then SLS shampoo will do the job.

I'm not too sure about the other questions though! Hopefully someone helpful will pop along soon!

Lady Malys
August 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Just repeating what pink.sara said ....
I used manic panic purple on my hair and it washed out with my clarifying shampoo (I use V05 Kiwi Lime). I also hennaed over what was left of the purple in my hair and it seemed to have no ill effects at all (there is a pic in my album of my bright red hair).