PDA

View Full Version : Losing hair?

Carinosa
August 17th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hey everyone,

So I am new to this forum and I have a few questions. I will try to keep my story as short as possible, haha.

OK, so I have naturally curly hair that is about at bra strap down my back. I started straightening my hair about 5 years ago and pretty much straightened it 5 times a week. I was recently using Kirkland shampoo and conditioner with is sulfate free, and noticed my hair getting really greasy fast. I also noticed that it was not growing hardly at all and was getting a lot thinner.

That's when I came across this website and discovered the world of "cones" and "no poo" and such. I figured out that my shampoo and conditioner had cones and no sulfates, causing build up and greasy hair. So I decided to try the CG method.

I washed my hair with neutragena anti residue, and got tresemme naturals silicone free conditioner. I tried doing the no poo, but I could not handle it. I have been using Body Shop Rainforest sulfate and cone free shampoo and also a natural shampoo from india. I also stopped straightening.

But my problem is, that I am losing a LOT of hair now. While it is dry I don't lose that much, but before I shower I gently brush it out, and lose about 20 hairs, then I shampoo and lose about 10 more. Then as soon as I put conditioner in, and finger comb my hair, it is coming out in little clumps, at least 30 hairs. Then after I get out of the shower and add the leave in, and gel about 10 more hairs come out, plus whatever I lose during the day. I can see a noticeable difference in my hair and now can see my scalp when my hair is wet.

I have tried switching up the conditioner and am now using the Giovanni 50:50 and it is still doing it. I know it is "normal" to lose a certain amount of hair a day, however, it just feels like I am losing way to much. I have started taking a vitamin b complex and drinking Udo's oil, with no change so far.

Sorry for the novel, just looking for some thoughts on if this seems "normal"

Thanks!

Madora
August 17th, 2011, 08:07 PM
On the average, hair loss is about 80 hairs a day.

But, if your hair is coming out in clumps, something bad is happening.

How gently (or not) you shampoo your hair can have a direct relation to hair loss.

If you're still experiencing hair loss, then perhaps you should schedule an appointment with a trichologist and see what is going on. Hair is at its weakest when it is wet..but still, it should not be coming out in clumps. Good luck!

MemoryXIII
August 17th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I lose alot of hair daily, too. I haven't starting altering the routine yet, though. I believe it's normal. If you feel it's not, maybe ask a doctor.