PDA

View Full Version : routine update: flour sack cloths!

intothemist1999
August 17th, 2011, 07:48 PM
When I was travelling recently, I really didn't want to take my beach towel for my hair turban, a) because of the weight and b)it would take along time to dry so hard to pack as we moved from motel to motel.

In doing a search for something else here I read someone refer to such cloths, but didn't realize you can buy them.

I stumbled across them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17913557). They had 3 varieties and I liked this one because with their crinkly texture, I figured they'd be better for absorbency.

I love them! It's taken some getting used to, since I need two: one I wrap around the length, then the second one goes on top of my head like a regular towel and incorporates the length as I twist it into a turban.

I found that not only is my hair wavier after drying, but there's alot less lint in the drain after a shower. And the WEIGHT -- it's nothing! They are very thin, but amazingly effective.

If I'm in a pinch I'm squeeze-drying my hair with a regular towel for a moment (gets more water out fast), but in all, I've really happy to have discovered these.

The texture is so nice, I think they'd be much better than standard (non-terry) dish towels, too.

MemoryXIII
August 17th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Hmm I'll have to check that out. I've only ever dried my hair with regular towels. I didn't know there was another way. Thank you for opening my eyes. :D

Lollipop
August 19th, 2011, 04:02 AM
When I was travelling recently, I really didn't want to take my beach towel for my hair turban, a) because of the weight and b)it would take along time to dry so hard to pack as we moved from motel to motel.

In doing a search for something else here I read someone refer to such cloths, but didn't realize you can buy them.

I stumbled across them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17913557). They had 3 varieties and I liked this one because with their crinkly texture, I figured they'd be better for absorbency.

I love them! It's taken some getting used to, since I need two: one I wrap around the length, then the second one goes on top of my head like a regular towel and incorporates the length as I twist it into a turban.

I found that not only is my hair wavier after drying, but there's alot less lint in the drain after a shower. And the WEIGHT -- it's nothing! They are very thin, but amazingly effective.

If I'm in a pinch I'm squeeze-drying my hair with a regular towel for a moment (gets more water out fast), but in all, I've really happy to have discovered these.

The texture is so nice, I think they'd be much better than standard (non-terry) dish towels, too.

Ah, yes, I remember these! I totally forgot about them from my naturallycurly.com days. They sounded really interesting for plopping. I was never able to find them though, so I gave up. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to go hit up my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond this weekend :D

CurlyMopTop
August 19th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I use my husband's clean work t'shirts to blot my hair dry. :D

intothemist1999
August 19th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Ah, yes, I remember these! I totally forgot about them from my naturallycurly.com days. They sounded really interesting for plopping. I was never able to find them though, so I gave up. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to go hit up my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond this weekend :D

YES! I forgot to mention plopping! They are great for that on account of their size and light weight! I'd given up on plopping a couple years ago, but did it a few times this summer.