PDA

View Full Version : CO-ing and Clarifying

Toiréasa
August 17th, 2011, 04:22 PM
So do any of you COer's out there clarify shampoo your hair once a week,a month ect. The reason I ask is I have been COing for about 2 month now and clarifying once a week but the last few times I have washed my hair it feels like straw afterwards is it necessary to clarify? dose my hair just feel like this because I have become use to the feeling of COing? I have also started to do a ACV rinse once a week in between the clarify wash. I am cone and sulfate free too if that makes a difference. Much Thanks for any advise you can offer.

ellen732
August 17th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I CO wash, but every third wash I need to shampoo. I CO twice a week after working out and by the third wash day my hair smells a little off. I use an SLS free shampoo, though not a clarifying shampoo because I find it too stripping and kind of defeats my purpose for CO washing.

racrane
August 17th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I, too, use a shampoo once a week but I don't clarify. I use a gentle cone-free shampoo.

Toiréasa
August 17th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hummm,maybe this is where I am going wrong I will try and just use a cone free poo and see if that make any difference thanks.

Siiri
August 18th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I use a clarifying shampoo once every third and it seems to work fine. I don't think you need to clarify with a clarifying shampoo every week, try once a month or use a SLS-free shampoo. Some people don't need to clarify at all. If you don't notice any build up, there's no need to clarify.

carmenvanessa
August 19th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I CO was 3 times a week and clarify shampoo once a week and ACV rinse after each CO wash and the clarify shampoo. I use Aubrey Organics shampoo and conditioner that is all natural and very gentle on my curls. After the shampoo my hair is very soft but it needs more leave in conditioner than usual to keep the poof down. I think it may be a matter of what shampoo you use, a diluted or all natural one is probably best.

annieangel149
August 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
i too have found clarifying shampoo's are too harsh on my hair!