PDA

View Full Version : My latest trim! (rather pic heavy)

SwordWomanRiona
August 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hi all! Three days ago, I did the first decent trim since I don't remember when (Yes, I have been doing microtrims form time to time!).
My hemline has been very uneven for a long while. Not just fairytaled - some of the hair at the right was considerably longer than the rest, nearing fingertip length while the rest remained at classic+. But I had decided not to trim until I was a bit below classic.
However, I'm quite lazy (and still a bit apprehensive) when it comes to trimming, so I needed the thread about trimming by the Moon to motivate me :D. I have decided to give the 'trimming according to Moon cycles' a try. So that was it. I got the calendar, it said that the 14-15-16th of August were good days to trim (strengthening effects! :)), and now my hemline is more or less evened and at classic.
I'm quite happy about the results, although my ends need to thicken up a bit more.
So, the pics! I'm showing you a couple of pics of my uneven hemline before the trim (taken on June and August, respectively), and another couple of my hair after the trim (the day after the trim, and today). I'm sorry that the pics are SO huge, but I still don't know how to fix that!

Before:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6201/6053575764_bc4551d3a2.jpg
June 2011. Apart from the ends being too 'transparent' in this particular pic (I had just washed my hair), you can clearly see the chunk of hair that's longer than the rest in such a 'lopsided' way :rolleyes:.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/6053023003_739ee5a769.jpg
July 2011. The lighting's horrible here, I have to blame the dreadful orange bulbs of the bathroom (at night).

And now, after the trim!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/6053021577_2ff865cc9e.jpg
15th August. Just after washing again.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6190/6053572060_bde97f53b7.jpg
And today. I still can't get the colour to show well in my self-pics (*frustrated*), but it's a length shot, so...
The ends are still too thinnish for my liking, so I'll probably do a smaller trim in September (Autumn equinox!).

Thanks for watching, LHC fellows :)

MissManda
August 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Looking good! :D I can't get over how soft and silky your hair looks! :thud:

annieangel149
August 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM
that looks really lovely! i think your hair is beautiful :D

skyblue
August 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Oooh wow look at you!
Your hair looks wonderful!!
And almost looks like we are close in hair types too!!
I can sorts of see how my hair is going to look at your length!
I'd say one more year and I'll be where your at now lol!! I can't wait!!
Gorgeous gorgeous hair Riona!

DuckyDot
August 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
WOW. You have lovely hair! :) That trim was a good idea, the hemline looks fantastic!

ladonna
August 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! We have similar hair color.

ericthegreat
August 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
The trim was the right thing to do. Not that your hair wasn't beautiful before, but the starking unevenness between the right and lefts sides of your hemline was just too awkward looking. Your new, more even hemline looks thicker and healthier. Great job.

bunzfan
August 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Wow it looks great now you defiantly did the right thing. Beautiful hair by the way;)

Khiwanean
August 17th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Your new, more even hemline looks great!

spidermom
August 17th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Terrific result; I'm glad you trimmed.

Kindredraeven
August 17th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Looks great, beautiful hair :)

taimatsuko
August 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Wow! Your hair looks beautiful! There's a thread about trimming by the moon? I've been meaning to try that out...

humble_knight
August 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Great result, Ri :) and most of all, you're satisfied with it ;)

racrane
August 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Your hair is so pretty, but definitely the trim looks great. :) I'm still nervous myself about trimming.

Velvet Dreamer
August 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Beautiful~ The trimming did help even it out a lot.

SwordWomanRiona
August 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Thank you all for all your nice nice comments! :):)
I'm happy with I trimmed too. I spent so much years without trimming :rolleyes:, I have to thank LHC for teaching me to take better care of my hair :D.

SwordWomanRiona
August 17th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Wow! Your hair looks beautiful! There's a thread about trimming by the moon? I've been meaning to try that out...

Yep, here is the thread :). I feel like an alchemist with my lunar-haircare chart :D:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119

dulce
August 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Gorgeous hair!

Toiréasa
August 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Wow the tirm looks great,such beautiful hair!

lindaton
August 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I think it looks great. And the hemline looks nice and thick to me.

Sundial
August 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Yay SwordWomanRiona! You did a good job evening out the hemline! :thumbsup: It looks great! :inlove:

MemoryXIII
August 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Beautiful hair! <3

SwordWomanRiona
August 18th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Thanks again for all the nice comments! :flowers:
And I must say, it's great that some of you would call my hemline 'thick' [Is it beginning to thicken up at last?!! :cheese:].

DavidN
August 18th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Wow, oh, wow, your trim went so well, and it is so shiny and haelthy!

MrsGuther
August 18th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Your hair is so beautiful!! What an inspiration to those of us who haven't reached anywhere near classic yet. :)

CarpeDM
August 18th, 2011, 05:25 AM
LOVE the trim!

Alaia
August 18th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Awesome :D

I too think your ends look really thick now!

The difference in lengths before you trimmed is actually quite remarkable.

Cowgirl16
August 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
You have beautiful hair:) and the trim is perfect:D

Loreley
August 18th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Wow, it looks great! :D

AngelDella
August 18th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Your hair is amazing!:)

Pixna
August 18th, 2011, 08:33 AM
You did a fabulous job -- your hemline is gorgeous! I'm curious ... for hair as long as yours, how do you manage a self-trim (or did someone else do the trim for you)?

SwordWomanRiona
August 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM
You LHC fellows really are too kind! You've made my day(s) with all your sweet comments :blossom:

@Alaia Yes, isn't it...I did a very (very!) unexperienced microtrim-trim like half a year ago...that resulted in the right half of my hair being considerably longer than the left half :o. I didn't know about self-trimming by then :D.

@Pixna I forgot to mention that, I self-trimmed following Feye's method. I chose the straight-across trim. I also like the U-shaped trim, might try it in the future.
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Pixna
August 18th, 2011, 10:58 AM
That's what I use, Riona (I have for ages -- pretty much since Feye first posted it!). I'm wondering, though, how you were able to reach the ends of your hair to do it. :)

SwordWomanRiona
August 18th, 2011, 04:37 PM
That's what I use, Riona (I have for ages -- pretty much since Feye first posted it!). I'm wondering, though, how you were able to reach the ends of your hair to do it. :)

Yes, of course, Feye's method must be something a member with 6,000-something posts must know! :o
Well, I watched a couple of videos in YouTube who were self-trimming, following Feye's method. One of them has classic length hair too, and what she did was slid the ponytail holder down her hair (keeping it straight and all that) and then bring the length over her shoulder, holding it firmly, and trim.

Aqua Gal
August 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Your hair is so pretty. Lovely before the trim, but the new hemline really brings it all together perfectly.

Mayjah hair envy :)

Yozhik
August 18th, 2011, 09:57 PM
That's some beautiful hair there! The trim looks great. :flower:

I love how long and ethereal your hair looks.

I use feye's method, too, although I've only done it once, and I did the U-hemline. I'm thinking that soon I should try it again. :)

Pixna
August 19th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks, Riona! I've been wondering what I'll do about self-trimming when my hair gets close to your length, and that clears it up for me now. :redgrin: