PDA

View Full Version : hubby noticed my hair and now im just not sure....

annieangel149
August 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM
..... so i had been washing with cones products for around 4 months cos no cones had been drying my air out and yesterday morning i had braid waves so because i had already washed my hair the day before i thought i would just wet my hair and smother some no cones conditioner on it. well it felt so great! i missed the light flowy free feeling you get with no cones and hubby said ' wow rach your hair looks lovely'! However a few hours later i noticed that it was feeling very dry again and i asked him if my hair still looked good and he said yes! it looked thicker and was flying everywhere! lol!

so i have made up my mind to try no cones again! Maybe i just havent found the right no cone product yet! i bought some happy hair days moisturing poo and condish! anyone else tried it?

dawnss
August 17th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I am sorry I have not, but I do have some cone free hair care products from the shea moisture line.

Bohemian Haze
August 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I'm off 'cones too! Think it's been a few months - and honestly, only the past couple of weeks has it felt something like it used to before I started slathering the cones on!
And, yes - I've tried Happy Hair Days shampoo and conditioner; I think it's the ginger and pomegranite one that's moisturising. Personally, I really liked it, the scent is not like other conditioners - pretty strong (but I like the scent) - took a few tries to get used to the feeling of just-rinsed hair not being all smooth and slippery - I actually think it's better now I've been using it for a while; the odd time, I smoothed a little on after rinsing jut because it felt my hair felt like it needed it. Made my hair very shiny and an added bonus of managing another day or so before it needs to be washed. Their marshmallow products (for coloured hair) are fab too :)

SoulOfTheSea
August 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I'm cone free as well! :) I'm so glad I got rid of them and I use jojoba oil instead to make my hair shiny and slippy, I love it! ^^

McFearless
August 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Cones don't fix dryness, they just coat the hair, so maybe you need more moisture?

Cirafly24
August 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I have been cone-free for quite a while now...more than 6 months, I think. My hair is actually softer and shinier without cones than with.

beccababesx
August 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I'm cone free :) unless it's a special occasion, then I'll use my beloved coney leave in conditioner

carmenvanessa
August 19th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I am also cone free and it has done wonders for my curls. I use Aubrey Organics shampoo and conditioner.

Also, my hubby complimented me twice in the past couple weeks. He said he really likes how moisturized my hair looks and less frizzy :-))))

HairFaerie
August 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Aubrey Organics makes wonderful cone-free shampoos and conditioners. They smell great too! :)

annieangel149
August 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
thanks for your replies! and so far happy hair days products are working really well! My hair is feeling slightly dry but it feels lighter and thicker so i will chuck some coconut oil on it tonight :)

annieangel149
August 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Aubrey Organics makes wonderful cone-free shampoos and conditioners. They smell great too! :)

I cant seem to find that here! Im in the UK!

julliams
August 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Have you tried either
1) coconut milk soak (soak hair in lite coconut milk for about an hour before you shampoo and condition as normal) or
2) heavy olive oiling (slather Extra Virgin Olive Oil through your hair really getting it in there and all over your hair. Comb it through, braid and leave overnight. I sleep on a silk pillowcase and it has never become damaged from the oil. Then in the morning, put a non-coney conditioner all through your dry hair and leave that in for about an hour. Take a shower and rinse out, condition again, making sure to massage your scalp as you would when you clean your hair with a shampoo, then rinse out and dry and style as normal).

I find both of these methods very moisturising for my hair and make a big difference to it.

Adding to say that I use a combination of coney and non-coney conditioners. I find that the cones build up in my hair fairly quickly so I use a clarifying shampoo every 2 weeks or so if I've been using cones. Maybe you just need to experiment a little and keep doing moisture treatments. I found that they did work immediately but the health of my hair improved over time with them. I had always been told by hairdressers that my hair very very dry, but now I only get told that my hair looks very healthy so I'm certain it's the moisture treatments that have done that for me. I do about one a week.

KarpatiiSiv
August 20th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I cant seem to find that here! Im in the UK!

You can buy online - Aubrey Organics UK (http://www.aubreyorganicsuk.co.uk/category/26/normal-hair/). Some Health Food Shops also stock it.