PDA

View Full Version : whats the best thing about having waist length hair?

ldc441
August 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM
i am a little bit past collarbone length and i really want near waist length hair so i was wondering whats the best thing about having it. Is it putting up in a bun, braiding it because i just love it and i want it really bad

krissykins
August 16th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Probably the way it looks when you catch yourself in the mirror if your hair happens to be down. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I always gasp when I see it. Then I have to twirl around :silly:

But it IS nice to have a wider range of hairstyle options (not that I utilize them :p)

krissykins
August 16th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Eep! Double post. Because that's how Firefox rolls 8)

jojo
August 16th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I like being able to do different buns and I love the look when its down. But it still doesnt feel very long to me, I think only at TB will I feel a real long hair and thats ages off for me.

SoulOfTheSea
August 16th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Hmmm well considering mine is all one length, I love to do different buns, like the nautilus, which I CANNOT do with shorter hair. I also like herringbone braids, and putting my hair half-back makes me feel like an elf. But I also love to just wear my hair down occasionally, with a microbraid in it, and I feel like a free-spirited hippie. :) Basically it's the variety it gives me, and it's the length where I actually can call my hair "long" (this being normal society standards, lol).

SoulOfTheSea
August 17th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I like being able to do different buns and I love the look when its down. But it still doesnt feel very long to me, I think only at TB will I feel a real long hair and thats ages off for me.

Yeah, it still feels very short. I won't think it's long in my standards until I get to hip. ;)

amyhenna
August 17th, 2011, 12:00 AM
For me, the best thing about having long hair is that it keeps me warm in the winter when other people's heads and ears are cold. Also, when I wear it up, it's like being "instant skinny" because people get used to seeing me with my hair sticking out everywhere, and don't realize that I'm not as big as my hair! :-)

lastnite
August 17th, 2011, 12:07 AM
waist length - seems to be the most versatile length; long enough to do some braids and buns, but not so long you have to leave it up ALL the time.

Sundial
August 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM
It's long enough to put it up in buns, yet short enough to wear it down without too much trouble :cool:

Rusticular
August 17th, 2011, 12:47 AM
The comfort of it! Being able to feel the tips of your hair when you're at the beach(and the amazing way it flows in water) is weirdly comforting. Haha, and it makes for an awesome scarf in the colder months!

Having 'that much'(y'know, for regular non-LHC standards) hair tends to turn a few heads, too. It's flattering!

AnnaJamila
August 17th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I'm not quite at waist, but I'm just about there. For me it's catching glimpses of it. Lol, I spend a LOT more time then I'm proud to admit twirling and posing in front of the mirror thinking about how pretty and feminine I am! :o

I love how girly and graceful and delicate it makes me feel!

kme81
August 17th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Buns, braids, the compliments (they make me happy)...and yet my *almost waist length hair is still not long enough!

kidari
August 17th, 2011, 01:42 AM
I've never had waist length hair before, but I want it because there's just something about it. I don't know, it makes me think of mermaids, fairies, princesses... the vain part of me wants to have my hair at waist length because I know it will get me a ton of attention without it being considered too long.

free_hug
August 17th, 2011, 03:09 AM
The sight of it always gives me gasps and TONS of hair envy. I have been around shoulder forever now, a slow grower, and I have this awful envy every time I see a waist length head of hair... it does look super feminine and gorgeous on practically everyone who manages to have it.

I still get the impression all the time though that it is in your way all the time, unless up. So I guess the dilemma is "beautiful" vs. "out of your way". But then again, at that length it's just so easy to put it up... (envy envy envy)

Mayflower
August 17th, 2011, 07:22 AM
It just looks so feminine and it's that lenght where I finally feel like I have long hair. It attracts alot of male attention too:D

Madora
August 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Waist length means a heck of a lot more versatility! Even better, it puts me that much closer to classic length!

neko_kawaii
August 17th, 2011, 07:29 AM
As others have said, the versatility of styles is great! I like the way it brushes the backs of my elbows when it is down.

Mairéad
August 17th, 2011, 07:35 AM
For myself, when I've had waist length hair I enjoyed it because it could be put up in a variety of styles but it was still comfortable for me to wear it down.

kmoc123
August 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I love the way my hair feels when it is down...I feel it down my back and arms and I love how it feel when my hubby and I are...well...you know...

racrane
August 17th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'm not quite sure if when I reach waist if I will stop there or continue on to hip. However, I know I loved staying at waist in the past because it was considered "long" but I could still keep it down from time to time. And vain me, I did get compliments. :) Plus, I could do all my favorite braids. Right now at APL, I can only do a few braids that actually stay put.

heartgoesboom
August 17th, 2011, 07:58 AM
i dunno! i still haven't gotten compliments that it's so long... and i still can't do the styles i love from the website... and i don't think it's long enough! i feel like i should leave the community for a while so i can forget what classic hair looks like. :P

Rusticular
August 17th, 2011, 08:12 AM
I love the way my hair feels when it is down...I feel it down my back and arms and I love how it feel when my hubby and I are...well...you know...

QFT. Definitely this.

This time around, I'm going to have to start putting it up occassionally. I never put my hair up, unless I absolutely have to. The odd easy-to-deal-with tangle is worth having the length whipping around you. The image always comes off as something epic. xD

kmoc123
August 17th, 2011, 08:43 AM
The compliments on my hair are very nice, too!

SkinnyCookie
August 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I love all the scarf comments. It gets really cold around here, but with waist length hair you automatically have ear warmers, mittens, or hood lining.
I never wore my hair up before I found this site, and I never had serious trouble getting it caught on anything, so I didn't have to, which is a great upside.

Chetanlaiho
August 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
The feel of it down your back, it's amazing. I have to cut off a few inches of ends soon but I just love feeling it down my back (when it's dry) so much that I don't want to! xD It actually makes me want to go a little longer to hip (if I didn't have to cut I'd be halfway to hip!) because it just feels, so, awesome xD

Also feeling it brush your elbow = awesome too. And seeing it in a picture from a back and realize it's a lot longer than you thought xD It just seems like it's long enough to be 'really' long by non-LHC standards, long enough to be princessy/feminine/female piratey etc. but still short enough to be versatile.

princessp
August 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Just my personal opinion, but I think it is the perfect length because it seems to look gorgeous on everyone even if it is not super-duper healthy (where with other lengths I think it really depend on the person). I am a thicker haired person so I need my hair to be at least waist to do any substantial updos.

jojo
August 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Yeah, it still feels very short. I won't think it's long in my standards until I get to hip. ;)

Its strange how our perceptions of long hair change isnt it?

longcurlygirl<3
August 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
i <3 how it brushes my elbows and back :D plus, the compliments as well. Plus when i AM IN THE SHOWER... I love how my length makes me feel like a mermaid :) hehe. Plus it is long ebough to wear out without trouble.

Delila
August 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Honestly all the lengths between shoulder and waist were a pain to live with. Once it got to waist (or maybe a bit longer), it suddenly started staying back when it was down, not flopping forward in my face with every move I made.

PJ-Sander
August 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Agree with those who list the versatility aspect of having waist length hair (though I'm nowhere near that right now). But I also like being one who is out of the norm. As someone who lives in Missouri, one of the capitols of When You Turn 50 You Must Get a Bob-ville, I like that zing factor. :cool: