PDA

View Full Version : 10 months of growth (I had to do it)

BeckyAH
August 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I just found a picture I took *late* last October, after I got frustrated at my hair and hacked it all off. By myself. In the bathroom. So of course, I had to share pictures of where it started, where it ended up and where I am now.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/th_upit.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/?action=view&current=upit.jpg)

This was my hair the first weekend of last September, after growing out from chin length. It was hot, it bothered me, the ends were trashed (obviously) and not-quite-two months later I got really irritated and did this, to myself, in the bathroom (because trimming it would have made too much sense):

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/th_octhair.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/?action=view&current=octhair.jpg)

Yeah, that's a good look (and horrible picture - I have no shame).

10 months (little less), I'm back to here:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/th_hair.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Greylin/?action=view&current=hair.jpg)

It is darker, but it's from temporary dye, and being wet - (there's blue over the entire thing. It went DARK over the natural hair and turned the two bleached strips and my bangs bright blue) - and I love it.

Now, if I can stay away from frustration cutting.... ;-)

patienceneeded
August 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Wow, your hair grows fast! Very nice looking. I think we're hair twins, mine looks exactly the same (ignore my siggy pic, that's a salon created hairdo). Don't give in to the frustration cut!

BeckyAH
August 16th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Wow, we totally are. (I checked out your album and it is REALLY similar). Honestly, once I realized my hair wasn't straight, wasn't going to BE straight without being heat-styled to within an inch of it's life, my hair got a whole lot happier. And easier to live with. Sounds silly, but waves frustrated the heck out of me for, oh, thirty years?

oddbeat
August 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Amazing growth! You hair some pretty shine to it and I see no reason that you should be frustrated with it. Looks nice to me! Hide those scissors from yourself if you have to :D

archel
August 16th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Your hair is so pretty and WOW does it grow fast.

pink.sara
August 17th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Holy **** your hair grows fast! And it looks really pretty dark and wavy. V nice!

milk
August 17th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Wow, so much growth, congratulations!!

paper
August 17th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Your hair is very pretty :) Love the color and waves.

CurlAhead
August 17th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Now that is what I call some growth, haha! Do you have a special routine to make it grow faster? :)

Apple_Betty
August 17th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Nice growth! What temp dye did you use? I'm thinking about trying Punky Colors.

Honestly, once I realized my hair wasn't straight, wasn't going to BE straight without being heat-styled to within an inch of it's life, my hair got a whole lot happier. And easier to live with. Sounds silly, but waves frustrated the heck out of me for, oh, thirty years?

Ha! I could have written this! I just recently accepted my natural wurls, and I'm loving them now.

theodora
August 17th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Oh I love the blue, it's really lovely! And you've definitely got a great growth in just 10 months.

Sookie
August 17th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Wow i haven't seen so fast hairgrowth! Keep on :p

BeckyAH
August 17th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Nice growth! What temp dye did you use? I'm thinking about trying Punky Colors.

Almost any of the unnatural hair colors work well - but I stick with N-Rage (sally's) at this point. Not so much because the colors are better or it works fantastically more, but because it's really THICK dye, and it goes where you want it to. Manic Panic is also decent - I know nothing about Punky, but I'm sure it's fine, too. Splat? Avoid. It's decent dye but it's thin. My bathroom looked like I'd murdered a smurf in it, and it takes FOREVER to get off skin - and since it drips? That's BAD. *G*

The wavy thing just kills me now. It's obviously not straight - on the other hand, I don't think anyone ever tells people 'naturally wavy' is an option. If it's not curls, it's straight. (Except it's obviously not).

BeckyAH
August 17th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Now that is what I call some growth, haha! Do you have a special routine to make it grow faster? :)

Benign neglect ;-) I do CWC about twice a week, detangle it, throw it out of my face and ignore the heck out of it. Three or four times I year I throw a deposit dye over it. My BANGS I abuse and heat style, but otherwise? My hair just wants left in peace. Luckily for it I'm REALLY lazy.

Apple_Betty
August 17th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Almost any of the unnatural hair colors work well - but I stick with N-Rage (sally's) at this point. Not so much because the colors are better or it works fantastically more, but because it's really THICK dye, and it goes where you want it to. Manic Panic is also decent - I know nothing about Punky, but I'm sure it's fine, too. Splat? Avoid. It's decent dye but it's thin. My bathroom looked like I'd murdered a smurf in it, and it takes FOREVER to get off skin - and since it drips? That's BAD. *G*

The wavy thing just kills me now. It's obviously not straight - on the other hand, I don't think anyone ever tells people 'naturally wavy' is an option. If it's not curls, it's straight. (Except it's obviously not).

I will check N-Rage out. I'm having my last dye job done tomorrow, my mom had already made the appointment before I decided to go natural, so I feel that I have to keep it. After that, I'm going to go the vegetable dye route. :D I used Manic a lot when I was younger, I've had every hair color under the sun, but I also bleached it then before dyeing, and I don't want to go back to that.

I'm just now accepting my waves. CO has helped a lot, as well as aloe vera gel. If I comb in the shower, scrunch the excess water out with a t-shirt and gel it, I get really nice curls. If I plop it, I also get nice lift at the roots, but it tangles worse, so it's a trade off.