PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful, impressive braid designs

Madora
August 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
If you enjoy braids, here's a site that's sure to picque your interest!

http://findingbraids.com/learnhowtobraid,.html

Fantastic designs - beautiful hair! Enjoy!

Helix
August 16th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Those are sooo cool! I really want to try one of those multi-strand braids when my hair's a little longer. They look so intricate and difficult to do, but I'd like to try nonetheless. Thanks for posting these Madora.

Slinks
August 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Wow !! gorgeous pics, I especially loved the five strand dutch braid !! well, that's as far as I got before I had to comment !! .. going back to look at the rest now :-) thanks for posting !!

ETA .. okay double that wow :-) awesome

Lollipop
August 16th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the link Madora!

oddbeat
August 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Wow - very unique braids on that site! I'd love to try the one strand braids and am kinda in awe of the seven and nine strand braids. How does one even DO that? I have enough trouble with a simple english braid.

I only wish the site had instructions to go along with the pictures. I looked but I didn't see any. :(

patienceneeded
August 16th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Wow! Those are breathtaking!

Avienda
August 16th, 2011, 09:26 PM
wow, that is some amazing talent!! I don't think I'll ever be that good! lol

Juicematic
August 16th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I love the look of the five strand braid. Seems like you need at least waist length hair for most of the styles

irisheyes
August 16th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Wow, this may take hours of study! Thank you, Madora.

spidergoat
August 16th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Thank you for the link :) I really need to practice my braiding skills, then hopefully my sleep braids won't be so...interesting.:o

MissManda
August 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM
:thudpile:

I get accused of doing fancy/complicated hairstyles by some friends of mine. I seriously need to show this site to prove them wrong! :p

Now please excuse me while I go pick my jaw up off the floor.

Thank you so much for sharing this web site, Madora! :flower:

archel
August 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM
HOLY HONK. I wish this person wasn't all the way across the country! I'd certainly have to book an appointment otherwise...

1hunky5monkeys
August 16th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Oh, wow! Thanks for sharing, Madora! :)

redeyedtreefr0g
August 16th, 2011, 11:57 PM
/drool.
I want to be a princess too! Only princesses have that hair, hehe.

Actually several of them remind me of mermaids, the way they cascade and are sleek and shiny like the mermaid just came up from the water so fabulous.

/gasp! I LIVE here now! That's only 4 hours away!

Roscata
August 17th, 2011, 12:11 AM
That's awesome. Thank you for sharing the link. I bookmarked it. :D

ericthegreat
August 17th, 2011, 12:12 AM
The seven and nine stranded braids are simply STUNNING. The finger dexterity of whoever the braider was who did those styles is out of this world. How do you NOT get confused about which strand cross over which strand when you are working with that many strands?!

Madora
August 17th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Glad all of you are enjoying those beautiful braids! She is bringing out a book in 2013! I can't wait to get my paws on it! (not that I'll be able to do them, but intricate braiding fascinates me).

Impulsive
August 17th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Thank you for the link, Madora! Those braids are stunning! I can't believe I thought the box braid I just learned is complicated... I wish I could do the seven and nine strand braids. I'll have to keep an eye out for the book.

MemoryXIII
August 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Piece of candy! I love the way six strands look when braided. I'm working on braiding hand-fasting cords... They are lovely!

QueenJoey
August 17th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Haha, I know how to do all of the braids with one, two, and three strands, and I know how to do (though I'm not good at it) one of the 4strand braids. :D I feel kinda good about myself...

Thnks for the link! I'm definitely sticking around there to learn to get past four strands. :)

vendethiel
August 18th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I was just trying to do a 7 strand braid yesterday, this should be quite helpful!

lacefrost
August 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I've been looking for this everywhere! Thank you so much, Madora! I think I may do one of those tonight.

Alaia
August 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Those are amazing. 7 strand and 9 strand braids! Even doing it on someone else, how do they have enough fingers and hands :bigeyes:

Cowgirl16
August 18th, 2011, 09:23 AM
HOLY HONK. I wish this person wasn't all the way across the country! I'd certainly have to book an appointment otherwise...
I couldn't of phrased it better myself. WOW! Thank you Madora for posting:)

georgia_peach
August 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Thank you Madora! That's enough inspiration to last for a good long while.

newbeginning
August 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Amazing braids. I wish I was talented enough to do them.

vanillabones
August 18th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Oh my gosh these are beautiful. If I ever have to go to the hairdressers again I'll know what to ask for ;) (braids!)

CurlAhead
August 18th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Oh, how I wish I could do braids like that.

lapispimpernel
August 18th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Wow, that 4-stranded crown (http://findingbraids.com/braidingvocabula.html) is awesome! :thud: I've got to learn how to do it. Off to the mirror!

kamikaze hair
August 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
thanks Madora!, you rock... :D

these braids look awesome.

Aqua Gal
August 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Oh...my...gosh. I love braids and these are amazing. I am determined to learn the 5-strand on myself. Not to mention that I'm now very curious about the single strand? Thanks for the inspiration.

wooliswonderful
August 18th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Wow, those are amazing!
Just measured our 10 year old tonight and she's at tailbone & 31", I want to experiment with some of those 5 & 7 strands on her. :)

Sweet Beat
August 19th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Wondering about that one strand braid... Is there instructions anywhere? All of the braids are truly amazing!

slz
August 19th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Although I am not fond of the general style (too much princessey-flowers-in the-crown-braids stuff, yuck shudder:), the skill is nothing short of otherwordlly - just WOW !

Shesta
August 19th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Truly inspirational! Oh, how I'd like to see some of the 5-strand dutch styles on my head...on my wedding maybe. Hah! Only dreams, I will never be able to find a hairstylist able to replicate these in my region. I'll have to learn them myself :eyebrows:

Dragon
August 19th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks for sharing. I wish I could braid like that.

Rusticular
August 19th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Oh wow! I've always been on to leave my hair down, but I think I'm going to start braiding now. So many of these are just so beautiful..

Sunshineliz
August 19th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I know what I'm doing with DD10 tonight.;)