PDA

View Full Version : Noticing some changes in my hair...

GabrielleRose
August 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I'm noticing changes in my hair and they are quite puzzling to me. :confused: First off, I'm noticing my thickness is coming back but it has been nearly 5 years since the horrible thinning incident. I'm wondering why it took so long to come back, and what am I doing differently that is making it reappear? I'm not complaining, I'm just stunned. :) I've also noticed that for the past few washes I've been washing with AO Island Naturals shampoo and AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and as my hair is drying I get individual strands curling up on me. It is like a halo effect of curlies. What is causing curlies? If anyone could help me TIA. :)

~BoHemiAngel~
August 16th, 2011, 09:00 PM
A halo of curlies sounds like your new growth is coming in. The shorter hair probably has a lot more curl to it and then will likely straighten more to your regular 1c as it grows out. Congrats on regaining thickness, you're so lucky! :thumbsup:

Slinks
August 16th, 2011, 09:18 PM
yay .. congrats on regaining your thickness ..

GabrielleRose
August 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM
A halo of curlies sounds like your new growth is coming in. The shorter hair probably has a lot more curl to it and then will likely straighten more to your regular 1c as it grows out. Congrats on regaining thickness, you're so lucky! :thumbsup:

The thing is, the curlies are not new hair growth. They are long strands that are turning curly. I refer to it as a halo cause that's how short the curl springs up. But you're right, they probably will go back to straight lol! My hair doesn't know what to do any more. Also, thank you for congratulating me on regaining thickness. I've missed it so much!

yay .. congrats on regaining your thickness ..

Thank you! :)

archel
August 16th, 2011, 11:23 PM
My hair will be more curly when it's well hydrated, maybe you just gave it the moisture it needed?

Congrats on your new thickness and growth!

GabrielleRose
August 17th, 2011, 04:19 PM
My hair will be more curly when it's well hydrated, maybe you just gave it the moisture it needed?

Congrats on your new thickness and growth!

That's what I was thinking, I wonder if I could ever give my hair such intense moisture that it'll curl more.

Thank you!

hyettf16
August 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
My ends got loosely curly after I stopped using sulfates.

GabrielleRose
August 17th, 2011, 09:17 PM
That could also be why my hair is developing slight waves, I noticed the waves once gong SLS and cone free.

MemoryXIII
August 17th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I'd say it's coming back. I have a halo and I used to be so embarrassed by it. Once I figured out it was normal, I stopped caring.