PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Frizz-Out Keratin Hair Therapy

CurlAhead
August 16th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I asked about this on a swedish community, but I'll ask here too. I have recently found a website http://www.frizzout.se/index.html (the text is in Swedish) where they write about
changing your hair type temporary. This sounds a bit like the Brazilian Blowout, but this doesn't have (according to them) "formaldehyde". It does contain mineral oil, and if you would like to look at the ingredients, you can do that here:

http://www.frizzout.se/produkten.html

What I am wondering now, is if this product can make your hair look good the first time, but when the treatment "goes out" from your hair, it will be destroyed and ruined, frizzy etc (after you get rid of all the mineraloils)?

This is the "photo album" of their clients: http://www.frizzout.se/bildgalleri.html

What do you think?

dulce
August 16th, 2011, 05:52 PM
1 wouldn't trust it! Why not accept the hair you have and strive to make it the healthiest it can be?Easier,cheaper and much better for you.Think of all the previous posts on this forum of people lamenting how damaged their hair became after doing certain salon treatments and how they had to cut it off..Are you willing to risk that? 1 sure wouldn't and 1 also have curly hair and would like straight but that's never going to happen, as 1 value having healthy hair more.Good luck in your decision.

ericthegreat
August 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I agree with dulce on this one. Speaking as a hairstylist myself, I have seen personally what this kind of straightening treatment does on the clients and the after effects of the treatment are almost always at least somewhat damaging.

The Brazilian Keratin Treatment always involves the use of a flat iron heated up to 400 to 450 degrees F, or 200 to 232 degrees C. that is run over EVERY SINGLE section of your hair SEVERAL TIMES in order to ensure your hair is transformed into a straight form. At those temperatures, you are literally deep frying your hair.

As for this keratin formula, I will assume they are telling the truth that it is formaldehyde free. But even if that is the truth, it only means that the formula is is not cancer causing. It DOESN'T mean that it will truly be good for your hair in any way. What the keratin will do is the high heat from the flat iron will cause the keratin to form a coating around your hair. This coating is long lasting but NOT permanent. After say 2 or 3 months, it will naturally be worn away naturally as you wash/comb/brush your hair. And after that coating is washed away, your hair underneath will actually be very damaged because of the extreme high heat of the flat iron. Many clients that I have seen months after doing the BKT have said that they later had a lot of breakage, they lost a lot of their hair. Often many of them decide not to do the treatment a second time.

You have beautiful natural curls CurlAhead, it really is a bad idea for you to do something that would damage them.

CurlAhead
August 16th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the answers.I've always wanted long, silky straight shiny hair, but I guess that can't be with my hair type without damaging it...

And thank you for the compliments:blossom:

archel
August 17th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Oh thank you for these responses. I have been toying with the idea, but I think I'm going to leave it be.

SkinnyCookie
August 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks! I've been researching this not as a curly but as someone with little patience for damage, and the way they talked about it, it was repairing, except they said it "wore off". :confused:

Applying keratin (without heat) actually sounds like a good thing, though! Could you just buy kits/bottles of it and NOT heat your hair afterwards?

dulce
August 17th, 2011, 01:18 PM
If "they' is the salon that is saying this ,beware! it is not" repairing'' but altering /damaging your natural hair texture using chemicals. And why do some salons make you feel the need to change your natural hair texture?It isn't ok to have natural curly hair?Try more moisturizer,more air drying, and check out "the Curly girl handbook",it is a great reference on how to have it cut-there is a specialcurl cutting technique,,curly styles and how to healthily defrizz natural curly hair using gel etc..

AlexiaBlue
August 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Call me crazy, but I like a lot of the "Before" pictures better than the "After's"!

Xandergrammy
August 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Call me crazy, but I like a lot of the "Before" pictures better than the "After's"!

I'm right there with you, AlexiaBlue! :gabigrin:

kitcatsmeow
August 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I had it done. Brazillian Blowout Zero which doesn't have formaldehyde. My hair is just thick/course and wavy. Looked good for about a week. That's it. I agree with what Eric said...after it wears off your hair is dry and brittle and I got lots of breakage! Stick to the at home treatments that aren't as intense.

I recently tried Coppola's Keratin Complex Intense Ion Rx as well as the Keratin Complex Infusion. Both work great for me!

kitcatsmeow
August 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I asked about this on a swedish community, but I'll ask here too. I have recently found a website http://www.frizzout.se/index.html (the text is in Swedish) where they write about
changing your hair type temporary. This sounds a bit like the Brazilian Blowout, but this doesn't have (according to them) "formaldehyde". It does contain mineral oil, and if you would like to look at the ingredients, you can do that here:

http://www.frizzout.se/produkten.html

What I am wondering now, is if this product can make your hair look good the first time, but when the treatment "goes out" from your hair, it will be destroyed and ruined, frizzy etc (after you get rid of all the mineraloils)?

This is the "photo album" of their clients: http://www.frizzout.se/bildgalleri.html

What do you think?

Anyone else notice that the blonde hair looks brassy/orangey after? I've read a few reviews on the Organix line Brazilian at home treatment with blondes or highlighted hair turning orange! I'm actually noticing this slightly with my hair just using the at home simple keratin treatments.