PDA

View Full Version : CWC makes sense! (plus: hi, I'm new)

YepLilly
August 16th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I've been doing a lot of research about hair the last few days. This site has so much useful information that I had no other option but to join. Plus I needed a good reason to post this smiley:
:cheese:

So, as a complete newbie I can say that CWC makes a lot of sense to me. My hair usually looks better 1 or 2 days after I wash it. I guess it's because shampoo dries it and after 1-2 days the hair recovers its natural oils. The thing is, by the time my length starts to look great, my scalp is already oily.

CWC sounds like the perfect solution! It washes the scalp while letting the rest of the hair retain its moisture. I will also start adding non-SLS shampoos to my regular wash-condition days. Am I making sense with all this?

I also want to thank everyone who contributes on this site. In just a few days I've learned a lot about hair: proteins, humectants, sulfates, cones, 'poos, 'dishes, hair toys, CWC, CO, WO, SMT, and so and so on :D

Hotrox
August 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
CWC makes total sense, right? :) I was just shocked that I didn't think of it myself, but I can tell you that it has totally transformed my hair!

Welcome to the LHC YepLilly :toast:

Ligeia_13
August 16th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Um...what are "dishes"? :o

YepLilly
August 16th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Um...what are "dishes"? :o

Conditioners? Lol, now that I think about it, I don't know where I got that from.

CurlAhead
August 16th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Whatis CWC? is it the same as CO?

irishlady
August 16th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Makes sense to me :)

I am currently using the CO method, but might switch to CWC if this doesn't work in the long run.

Oh and welcome to LHC! :)

irishlady
August 16th, 2011, 08:24 AM
CWC means conditioner first, then shampoo on the scalp, rinse and then some more conditioner then rinse

CO is conditioner only

YepLilly
August 16th, 2011, 08:24 AM

It means Condition-Wash-Condition. You condition your length, then you wash your scalp. Lastly, you condition once again. I think with CO you only use conditioner.

Khiwanean
August 16th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Whatis CWC? is it the same as CO?Condition-Wash-Condition. It's a method where you condition your length, shampoo your scalp, rinse, then condition your length a second time. The first condition is meant to protect your length from the shampoo.

ETA: YepLilly beat me to it!

YepLilly
August 16th, 2011, 08:26 AM
It seems I posted at the same time as irishlady :o

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

CurlAhead
August 16th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Thank you for answering. Does it work? I mean, does it protect the hair from the shampoo?
And welcome, YepLilly! :D

irishlady
August 16th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Thank you for answering. Does it work? I mean, does it protect the hair from the shampoo?

I can't really comment on CWC, since I use the CO method, but I'd say it probably would be much better than the traditional shampoo and conditioner method :)

AngelDella
I'm new as well, yepLilly :) and I have been using CWC method for the last few weeks plus stretching my washes. So far, everything is very good and my hair seems softer and shinier (and maybe a little oilier but that is working itself out). I want to also thank everyone on here for their advice and great information.

Autumn Light
Welcome YepLilly! I'm new here too.

I'm also thinking of trying out the CWC method, cos my ends are quite dry and damaged whereas my scalp gets oily.

irishlady
August 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
It seems I posted at the same time as irishlady :o

Thank you all for the warm welcome!
haha no worries it's ok :)

YepLilly
August 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM

I haven't tried it myself yet (I will in a couple days, yay!) but many people have had success with it.

You're all so nice here, thanks again for the replies :blossom:

spidermom
August 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
CWC has been perfect for me, especially when I started diluting my shampoo in some warm water. I get better spread over my scalp that way, and it's usually enough to clean my scalp without stripping it. Every once in awhile, I err on the side of not enough shampoo, which means I'll have to wash sooner, but most of the time it's just perfect for me to go 3-4 days before washing again.

sun-kissed
August 16th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Welcome YepLilly! :flower:
I'm fairly new, too, and oh-my-word there is endless amounts of usefull information here. I can not believe how much of my time I spend reading and posting! And although I am a WOer myself, I agree that CWC makes a lot of sense.

archel
August 17th, 2011, 12:14 AM
It makes a lot of sense to me too, since I have dry length and oily scalp and CO was just not working. I love CWC.

paintedhorse
August 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM
welcome!! im fairly new on here too. and i just started CWC and i can already tell a difference in my hair its soooo much softer and i have the halo effect now! yay for new hairs !!! there is so much to take in though lol good luck with your hair!!