PDA

View Full Version : What would be the best way to get rid of my last layer??

bunzfan
August 16th, 2011, 04:48 AM
I used to have a lot of long layers which made updo's and braids a pain then a month ago i had enough and got rid of all but one and got my hair trimmed back up to BSL.

This last remaining layer is just below shoulder, which is the most painless way of getting rid of it?

1) grow my hair until that layer is waist length and cut all my hair to waist length?

2)micro trim the length?

3) or just don't touch the layered part till it catches up with the rest?

I have never done micro trimming to get rid of layers if i was to do that how much do you take off?

GoldberryHair
August 16th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Honesty, I would just let it catch up with the rest of your hair. I'm in the same boat and it's frusterating but it'll be long enough it will blend in before you know it.

gabee
August 16th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I would also recommend that you let it grow, maybe microtrimming every few months or so, but don't do a big chop!
If the layers are bothering you when you wear your hair down, you could maybe wear half-ups more often, it would hide your layers :)

bunzfan
August 16th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Thank you ladies, i was wondering the same thing hopefully once they get past mid back it shouldn't bother me...

charalito
August 16th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Let it grow a bit so you can get the feeling of length after the recent cut. Then maybe take off 5-10mm every 8 weeks to slowly get rid of the layers. I used that formula for a year and it really helped thicken my hemline without depressing me with a big chop. My layers are only one inch away now, so happy!