PDA

View Full Version : Just tried acv rinse omg amazing!! I had forgotten my hairs natural shape

l0nd0nbr1dg3
August 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Wow so today I did an acv rinse amazing!! I used to straighten alot in the past and I read acv brings back Ur hairs natural shape and ong I didn't even know my hair is barely even wavy god bless acv

AngelDella
August 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM
ok, I have been missing my blow dried straight look, so I will add the acv to my next wash..thanks!

Audhumla
August 15th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Oooh exciting. I just did my first acv rinse, waiting for hair to dry. I'm trying to detach myself from my blowdryer so hopefully it will help with air drying :D

SoulOfTheSea
August 15th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I have yet to try an ACV. I will do one on my next wash. :)

spidermom
August 15th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Apparently my hair's natural shape is floating around my head.
ACV makes my hair CRAZY fly-away. Each hair takes off on its own trajectory.

swearnsue
August 15th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Does ACV rinses make anyone else's hair a little dry? I used a very mild ACV rinse but not sure I liked it or not.

pixiedust
August 15th, 2011, 08:12 PM
it makes my scalp itch :l maybe I should be diluting it more.

Shanbot
August 15th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I recommended ACV rinses for a friend who had some serious scalp problems and lo, they are all gone, and he is so thrilled. I hear about all the good properties of the rinses but I'm afraid to try it on my own because just opening the bottle and pouring some on his head made me gag (he had no problems at all, ha). The smell of vinegar is sooo strong, having it on my face and hair might make me toss my cookies. Anyone else icked out by vinegar? Do you guys dilute it or just pour it on all gung ho? Any way to reduce the strong smell would be awesome...I'm assuming it dissipates as it dries. Maybe I just need to invest in some serious fortitude and a clothespin for my nose!

xoerincolleen
August 15th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I recommended ACV rinses for a friend who had some serious scalp problems and lo, they are all gone, and he is so thrilled. I hear about all the good properties of the rinses but I'm afraid to try it on my own because just opening the bottle and pouring some on his head made me gag (he had no problems at all, ha). The smell of vinegar is sooo strong, having it on my face and hair might make me toss my cookies. Anyone else icked out by vinegar? Do you guys dilute it or just pour it on all gung ho? Any way to reduce the strong smell would be awesome...I'm assuming it dissipates as it dries. Maybe I just need to invest in some serious fortitude and a clothespin for my nose!

Dilute it!!! Most people dilute it a LOT. It helps with the smell and also is better for your scalp that way!

Anje
August 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Dilute it!

Dilutions vary, but most people do solutions that are between 1/8th vinegar and 1/20th vinegar. If you make it too strong, you risk drying your hair out, and you go through a lot of vinegar.

NightOwl26
August 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM
It makes my hair super super shiny. The smell is so bad and I still smell it after I rinse it out.

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
it made my hair really soft, super managable, the tangles disappeared transformed my hair really. I only did it once so far and Im so happy I did I will for sure do it again. My hair is like new

lapispimpernel
August 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I hear about all the good properties of the rinses but I'm afraid to try it on my own because just opening the bottle and pouring some on his head made me gag (he had no problems at all, ha). The smell of vinegar is sooo strong, having it on my face and hair might make me toss my cookies. Anyone else icked out by vinegar?

It's great, really it is! I avoided it until recently, 'cause my mom used to pour the full strength stuff on about every three months to make my hair "squeaky clean" (she accidentally used ammonia once! eep!) and it always made me sick to my stomach, not to mention the horrible reek for the next 4-5 days. I use about 4 tbsp in a gallon now, every couple weeks, and it's pretty nice- no smell at all.

Charlemaigne
August 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Here is the link that I found very helpful when I started ACV rinses. The recipe mixture is at the bottom of the page.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=56

Cowgirl16
August 15th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I've done it twice with great results. My hair is super shiney and soft. The first tme I slightly rinsed it off my hair, the second time I didn't rinse. No smell either time after it dried, my DH said it just smelled like clean hair. I am hooked.:D

SoulOfTheSea
August 15th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I have a question: When you dilute the ACV, do you use distilled water? Or is tap fine?

Cowgirl16
August 15th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I have a question: When you dilute the ACV, do you use distilled water? Or is tap fine?

I use tap water:shrug:

spidermom
August 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I think the last time I used about 1/2 tbsp vinegar to 1 quart water, and even after rinsing, the smell lingered - another reason I don't like vinegar rinses.

Audhumla
August 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM

I just use tap. There's no filter on my shower head so I don't see the point in using distilled water for a rinse.

SoulOfTheSea
August 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Alrighty, thanks. :) I knew I was missing an element of the process... x]