PDA

View Full Version : MRI results just sharing

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 02:17 PM
So I had longer hair and I was diagnosed with a glioma brain tumor Dec. 2009 n well I figured imma lose all my hair soon so I chopped it. I have managed to hang on to it so far my prognosis is not the greatest for my age but decent n im still alive n so im growing my hair back. Another MRI scan has shown no growth in the tumor so thus far im still ok. Im still on lots of meds for headaches n seizures n well its not going to get better but Im still alive n hair is still growing so Im excited. YAYYY ME
Just wanted to share that
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Seishin
August 15th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I am so glad you are okay. Sending lots of happy and positive thoughts your way. Hair is looking lovely xxx

Aerin
August 15th, 2011, 02:28 PM
It's good to hear that you're doing well!

CurlAhead
August 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I am really glad that you are okay, and happy growing! :) You have gained some length, it looks really nice.

spidermom
August 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
OMG; how stressful! I'm glad you're doing well right now.

Anje
August 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Glad to hear the tumor hasn't grown and the hair has!

Slinks
August 15th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I was going to say exactly what Anje said !! :-) slo2gro I'm so glad all is well thus far :beerchug: to your health and hair ..

1nuitblanche
August 15th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I'm glad you're doing okay right now.

GlennaGirl
August 15th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Oh, my goodness. That is such great news. Crossing my fingers for you. Good health to you.

sibylla
August 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Yeeey for the hair growth:)))))Hope the stupid tumor will shrink away.You are so strong!

Ligeia_13
August 15th, 2011, 03:21 PM
:)

Nice to see you're being so strong and positive. Go you!

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 03:24 PM
OMG Thank you all. Each of you so much for your kind words. My hair right now really means so much to me for obvious reasons. I am so appreciative for your kinds thoughts n words. You have no idea. Thank you so much.

My hair really represents life for me right now. The longer i get to keep it the longer I know I am doing ok.

Thanks again means the world to me

(((((((hugss)))))))

Terri :)

swearnsue
August 15th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm glad you are doing so good. Your hair looks really thick and silky. Very pretty!

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
awww thanks kindly, im trying to get it back to where it use to be. The good ole graduated bob with all the layers left it with a lot of fuzz n yuckiness lol

faithsdaisy421
August 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
That is wonderful news!! Lots of happy thought going your way!

jeanniet
August 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM
It's wonderful that your condition has stabilized enough that you can grow your hair out again! I'm sure having longer hair will help you feel upbeat as you battle your tumor. Congratulations, and happy growing! :)

oktobergoud
August 15th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear the tumor hasn't grown and the hair has!

This exactly :D

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Thank you so much.

Yes, really, the more my hair grows the happier I feel n yeah makes what I go through daily a lil easily :)

MagicAndMayhem
August 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I'm glad to hear it hasn't grown, that's scary!!! Cheers!!!!

Eilliania
August 15th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Awsome news. May your hair grow long and shiny. :)

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 06:23 PM
thank you so much :)

TheCaityCat
August 15th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I hope your hair keeps growing and growing! I'm glad your MRI had good news for you.

mellie
August 15th, 2011, 06:43 PM
My mom has just been diagnosed with a high-grade glioma brain tumor, it has been quite a shock to her and us. You don't know how happy it made me to read your posting just now! I am so glad that you are doing well and your MRI was so good, and your hair is growing too! All my best wishes to you! :flowers: You are an inspiration to us! :cheer:

McFearless
August 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
So glad your health is getting better and better. :) Great news!

BlazingHeart
August 15th, 2011, 07:30 PM
'grats on the results! Hopefully your results will continue to be positive.

I'm due in for an MRI and a CT of my neck because there are a few conditions they're trying to rule out. Two would mean brain surgery, one would mean major neck surgery, so I'm worried either way. Not looking forward to all those tests, or the results. If they all show up negative, they don't know why my head and neck bother me so much.

~Blaze

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 07:40 PM
My mom has just been diagnosed with a high-grade glioma brain tumor, it has been quite a shock to her and us. You don't know how happy it made me to read your posting just now! I am so glad that you are doing well and your MRI was so good, and your hair is growing too! All my best wishes to you! :flowers: You are an inspiration to us! :cheer:

wow Mellie im so sorry to hear about your mom. Its not easy to get a diagnosis like that. Mine is low grade and therefore my prognosis is about 8 years but im only 35 n have a 6 year old son. That is also if the tumor remains unchanged n the cancer remains as it is. If it becomes high grade that all changes. So, I do regular MRIs, I take meds for seizures n fluid etc I have eye issues, balance problems, have to shower with a chair all kinds of things in the last two years. Oh n I havent worked since all these crazy symptoms. On top of which I get crazy headaches. I dont want to jump into surgery yet thou as I could end up as a vegetable due to the location of the tumor n because its a glioma as im sure mellie would know. Gliomas are complicated to remove, they are not whole. Good n bad brain cells are mixed. Anyhow, I digress, Mellie if you want to talk or want someone to listen PM anytime, I am always here hugsss xoxoxox

slo2gro
August 15th, 2011, 07:45 PM
'grats on the results! Hopefully your results will continue to be positive.

I'm due in for an MRI and a CT of my neck because there are a few conditions they're trying to rule out. Two would mean brain surgery, one would mean major neck surgery, so I'm worried either way. Not looking forward to all those tests, or the results. If they all show up negative, they don't know why my head and neck bother me so much.

~Blaze

oh gosh im sorry. It is scary to know something is wrong n not know what. The neuro opthomogist thought the tumor was sitting on a vein and causing all the headaches and I thought OH GOD then im for sure gonna have to have surgery NOW n ofcourse I got scared n well today i was told nope all is ok for now. So i do understand worry. I hope they find out soon. I get thru all these tests just by thinking the sooner i go the sooner it gets done. Last MRI was hell they used a pump to put the dye in and it put saline in too and OMG i thought i was dying was hell. ok venting lol Let me know what tests they send you for.

vindo
August 15th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Good to hear you are well!

I do have a pituitary tumor which has caused me hair loss, I did not cut it then and it thickened back up. Am at midbutt and no more hair loss so far :) I would just try to keep growing and IF it really falls out you can always still cut it. :flower:

DecafJane
August 16th, 2011, 01:39 AM
I'm glad it hasn't grown - great news! I hope you continue to enjoy your hair and your bright attitude. :)

Mesmerise
August 16th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I am so glad to hear your tumor hasn't grown! It is lovely you are able to keep growing your hair, and I hope it reaches your goal length and keeps you inspired :).

jojo
August 16th, 2011, 05:44 AM
What a stressful time this must have been for you, long hair, short hair, no hair-doesn't matter. Your health is far more important. so glad you have had such great results and your positive attitude is a delight to read. ((hugs)))

BlazingHeart
August 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
oh gosh im sorry. It is scary to know something is wrong n not know what. The neuro opthomogist thought the tumor was sitting on a vein and causing all the headaches and I thought OH GOD then im for sure gonna have to have surgery NOW n ofcourse I got scared n well today i was told nope all is ok for now. So i do understand worry. I hope they find out soon. I get thru all these tests just by thinking the sooner i go the sooner it gets done. Last MRI was hell they used a pump to put the dye in and it put saline in too and OMG i thought i was dying was hell. ok venting lol Let me know what tests they send you for.

Right now they're sending me for a CT of my neck to see if I have cervical (neck) instability or cranio-cervical (head-to-neck) instability. The other test is a with and without contrast MRI to see if I have pockets of fluid building up or chiari. The MRI freaks me out, I don't like being shoved in the little tube with all the noise. Head ones particularly stink because of the way they secure your head, and with/without contrast means that they pull me out to inject the contrast and put me back in, which freaks me right out. I'm a smidge claustrophobic.

slo2gro
August 20th, 2011, 05:25 PM
awww wow blazin im sorry. I usually come out for the contrast n then back in too. I too have issues with the MRI n i have to talk myself through it all. Sometimes even pray through it all. Last time they used a pump to administer the dye n well that was NOT fun. I am sorry you have to go through all this crap. I know how stressful it can be. Hugss

Cowgirl16
August 20th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah :cheese: I am so happy for you :flower:

Moor_tu_lyfe
August 21st, 2011, 05:04 AM
Just wanted to add my support- for both your health and your hair growth! Here's too continued good news!

Charlotte
August 21st, 2011, 05:22 AM
Sending lots of positive energy and prayers your way slo2gro and wishing for loads of new hair growth for you too! :grouphug: :blossom:

slo2gro
August 21st, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thank you Moor n Charlotte so greatly appreciated. :)

BohoClassic
August 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM
Good news on both counts! x