PDA

View Full Version : Surprise hair texture

ennuideluxe
August 15th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I always thought I had straight hair with just the slightest hint of a bend to it (1a/1b). I air dried without combing it for the first time ever, and wow. Just wow. Im completely stunned by the waves I have.

I have no idea what my type is now. Would any of you be so kind as to suggest a more appropriate label than 1a/1b?

Im not quite sure how to add photos to the thread itself, but here's a link to my brand spankin new album:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8487&pictureid=110394

Thank you so much in advance!

Sunshineliz
August 15th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I'd say it's too short to tell for sure. Definitely a wavy though. Just put 2a until it get's longer and the hair is able to complete it's waves? When it completes a few turns it'll be easier to tell where in the wavies you fall.

ennuideluxe
August 15th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much, Sunshineliz! A tentative 2a it is! :)

It will definitely be interesting for me to watch as it grows.

spidermom
August 15th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Agreed; it's really hard to tell the type with hair that short. I think what I'm seeing might be tangle-waves. Try combing before the final rinse, then let it air dry.

fairytalehair
August 15th, 2011, 05:49 PM
i cant see the album, it says i dont have sufficient privileges. i wonder why?

AngelDella
August 15th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm new too and I think you have to have 25 posts or something like that before you can see pics

AngelDella
August 15th, 2011, 05:58 PM
by the way, fairytalehair, I LOVE your hair in your avatar pic! That is my goal hair :)

ennuideluxe
August 15th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Spidermom, thanks for your suggestion. I'll give that a try but ultimately, I think only time will tell. It was just such a shock to air dry and have all of the weird bendy bits and complete loop curls at my hairline.

Next time I wash it, Ill give your idea a try and see how it changes the outcome.

Fairytalehair and angeldella, yes, you're right. You need 25 posts before you can look at people's albums. I think there were problems with... hmmm, how do I put this?... "unsavory" types before, so this is for all of our privacy and protection. :)

vanillabones
August 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM
My 1b hair dried just like that at that length. It's a flippy wavy length even for a super straighty. My hair is 1a/1b when long.

MissManda
August 15th, 2011, 07:26 PM
You're definitely at least a 2a, but as the others said, wit until it gets longer before you decide. You could even be a curly. When my DBF's hair was at your length, his actually looked like a 1b or 1c, but when his hair is long, he's a 2c/3a.

BlazingHeart
August 15th, 2011, 07:35 PM
My DF is about that wavy when it's that length, and he's a 2c/3a when long. I suppose I'm around the same too at that length for that matter, and I'm 2a when longer. So...as other people have said, your length is hard to read.

~Blaze

Edited to add: I thought I was at very most a 1c (and that it was probably 1b), but airdrying without touching it showed I had distinct s-waves!