PDA

View Full Version : How can I find a long hair salon?

GabrielleRose
August 15th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm wondering if there are any long hair salons in Texas.

Alaia
August 15th, 2011, 12:52 AM
If you search the forums there is a list of long hair salons somewhere :)

Madora
August 15th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Here is a link:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11326

GabrielleRose
August 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
If you search the forums there is a list of long hair salons somewhere :)

Thank you! :D

Here is a link:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11326

Thank you so much Madora! :cheese:

Henna_Goddess
August 15th, 2011, 09:11 PM
None in Missouri. I haz a sad.

Kayla Nyx
August 15th, 2011, 09:15 PM
oh man... only one in wisconsin and its at least 4 hours away... *sigh*

Charlemaigne
August 15th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Not sure where you are from in WI, but I was born and raised there but moved to GA approx 6 years ago. When I lived in WI, I would drive 6 hours to go see Linda (owner) of Options Studio in Door County - Sturgeon Bay, WI. She is extremely knowledgeable, her customer service is outstanding, and I went to her for over 15 years. I have been so disgusted with the multiple hair studios I have tried down here that I am at the point I am ready to buy a plane ticket and go back home to have my hair (and me) treated the right way again.

Lollipop
August 16th, 2011, 08:56 AM
If you can't find any, I know some members here liketo go to their local barbershops. You might not find much in the way of layering technique, but they can cut a precise hemline and tend to trim how much you want (or so I've heard).

AlexiaBlue
August 16th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Not sure where you are from in WI, but I was born and raised there but moved to GA approx 6 years ago. When I lived in WI, I would drive 6 hours to go see Linda (owner) of Options Studio in Door County - Sturgeon Bay, WI. She is extremely knowledgeable, her customer service is outstanding, and I went to her for over 15 years. I have been so disgusted with the multiple hair studios I have tried down here that I am at the point I am ready to buy a plane ticket and go back home to have my hair (and me) treated the right way again.

I see you're in Atlanta, and I am as well (moving soon though). Anyway - I unfortunately would have to agree with you. I've been in this city for 11 years, visited multiple stylists and wasn't impressed with any of them. Good luck with the search!

Charlemaigne
August 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
yes, would love to move out of the Atlanta area too but that is easier said than done. Have simply taken it upon myself to avoid going to any salons anymore. A very different frame of mind down here and it seems the more chemicals used, the better. Trying to do everything on my own naturally now. Good luck to you in your move!

UltraBella
August 16th, 2011, 10:15 PM
There are tons of salons that are long hair friendly even if they aren't officially a long hair salon. My suggestion is to ask someone with hair you like where they go. People ask me all the time about who does my hair and I am happy to pass on the info.

Lostsoule77
August 17th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I just tried to call the GM salon in Sparta, NJ from that list & it's a different salon. I googled & there is a GM salon in Newton, but has no affiliation with the long hair salons. :( I thought I made a grand find because I'm getting married in 3 weeks in Sparta and can't find a stylist who can do my hair. :( Oh well.

prettyinpink
August 23rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
I think you would be better off trimming your own hair. you can control ecxactly how much gets cut

melusine963
August 23rd, 2013, 07:42 PM
I think you would be better off trimming your own hair. you can control ecxactly how much gets cut

This thread is two years old. I imagine the OP found a solution to her problem in that time.