PDA

View Full Version : Best Supplements/vitamins/oils for hair growth/thickness

thatgirlnamedro
August 14th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone!

So, iv'e been researching for awhile now on what oils/supplements/rinses would be best to increase hair growth and thickness. My hair is 3A, medium thick and I just want to know what everyone is using or advice? What I have found out and have been using from the internet is:

1. Apply garlic juice to scalp- Has anyone done this?
2. Apply onion juice to scalp?-anyone?
3. hairfinity vitamins? F.A.S.T. shampoo?

Anyways, I would love to know what people are using and what works. I'm a true believer in supplements/diet. I think that's the most important part of a hairs healthiness. Anyways, hope people reply! Thanks! :)

swearnsue
August 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hi, I'm new and just starting to grow out my hair after using my dog clippers on it! I can't say what works BUT from what I've read Omega fish oils are good. They are good for you anyway so it wouldn't hurt to start taking them. I haven't heard about garlic and onions on the hair! I heard that castor oil is good for the scalp to encourage growth. But for sure I would recommend fish oil and probiotics taken as supplements.

RachieBaby
August 16th, 2011, 04:26 AM
I would say that eating a lot more fruit and veg and making sure I drink 6 glasses of water a day has made the biggest difference in growth for me, i've also been drinking red bush tea daily for a couple of months and that also seems to have made a difference.

At the moment I'm taking a Hair, Skin and Nails tablet from Boots and I have noticed I shed less but i've only been taking it for two weeks so I can't comment really.

Othala
August 16th, 2011, 04:33 AM
I take iron, iodine(Lugols), cod liver oil and Hemp seed oil.

archel
August 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
You may want to visit the castor oil thread, many of us are getting great results! As for supps, I take fish oil, Centrum chewables, a probiotic, cal/mag/vit D (since I have low D and I'm a 40-year-old woman), and sometimes Floradix (iron and B12 liquid supplement).

YepLilly
August 16th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I think you can never go wrong with a good basic multivitamin, biotin, and fish oils. That's what I'm taking.

Also, this goes without saying: water, water, water, fruits, and veggies.

As archel said, many people have had success massaging the scalp with castor oil (mixed with another oil like EVOO). I haven't tried it myself, but it seems worth to check it out.

Ishje
August 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
1. Apply garlic juice to scalp

I have not done this, I would not recommend it either because....well...garlic smells kinda strong..

shawty
August 16th, 2011, 09:26 AM
OH GOD!
READ THIS RIGHT AWAY, IT IS INFINITELY IMPORTANT:
DO NOT PUT ONION OR GARLIC IN YOUR HAIR. THE SMELL WILL LINGER FOR 9-12 MONTHS.