PDA

View Full Version : Random Hair Thoughts

mybrainhurts
March 13th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Sometimes we have random little thoughts about our hair, something small or just a little tidbit of something that doesn't justify a whole new thread or blog entry. The thread on the last version of LHC was a hit so maybe we could try having one again.

----------

My random thought for the day:

Dance teacher mentioned that I should use my hair more in my dance. I don't think she realizes that my fingers get caught in my hair and that tugging them out while trying to dance would look and feel awkward. Yeah, just what one wants to see... someone trying to pull their stuck fingers out of their hair while trying to dance. Pfft.

Random thought number 2:
I love and hate my bangs.

BlndeInDisguise
March 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I wonder what my hair is going to be like when I take it down....I have a feeling it's going to be greasy. Oh well, that's what my shampoo bar is for. :)

Great thread idea, btw.

Neon Gloss
March 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I love taking showers and I love to wash my hair. I wash my hair every other day, but it's so tempting to wash it everyday. Sigh. I washed it yesterday at 6am. Maybe I could wash it tonight at 12am so that there was an entire day inbetween washes. *ahem* no I do NOT.. I do NOT have ocd in any form... :P

I also wish it was longer, but don't we all?

FrannyG
March 13th, 2008, 04:50 PM
My random thought of the day is that I've been too lazy to wear anything other than a cinnabun for the last week or two. :rolleyes: I really need to change it up a little.

suicides_eve
March 13th, 2008, 06:11 PM
random hair thought : hair always grows faster when you forget it's there, i wore my hair under a hat for most of the past 2 weeks and i swear it has grown a inch! Come on BSL!

ever had a bad hair day and get the most hair compliments you have ever received?

florenonite
March 13th, 2008, 07:44 PM
My friends and I went to the pub today (pi day pub crawl, even though it wasn't pi day till after we left the pub, but we're nerds ^_^) and I was walking down the street putting my hair in a cinnabun with a hairstick, and my stick broke (fortunately it was just a cheap plastic one from Claire's of which I have the other of the pair anyway), I swore, and my friend said calmly 'would you like a pen instead?' I found it amusing that she didn't find it strange that I was holding my hair up with a stick.

Cinnamon Hair
March 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Neat idea for a thread.

I love taking showers and I love to wash my hair. I wash my hair every other day, but it's so tempting to wash it everyday. Sigh. I washed it yesterday at 6am. Maybe I could wash it tonight at 12am so that there was an entire day inbetween washes. *ahem* no I do NOT.. I do NOT have ocd in any form... :P

I also wish it was longer, but don't we all?

I'm going to play devil's advocate here :taz: (had to use that icon!) and say, why not wash every day? I CO every day, and while it might not be right for everyone, I've never had an issue with it. If you enjoy washing (I do!) why not do it more often? Hair likes moisture and water is moisture in its simplest form.

AJoifulNoise
March 13th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Neat idea for a thread.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here :taz: (had to use that icon!) and say, why not wash every day? I CO every day, and while it might not be right for everyone, I've never had an issue with it. If you enjoy washing (I do!) why not do it more often? Hair likes moisture and water is moisture in its simplest form.

Here, here! I CO everyday too!

sweetkandi
March 13th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I guess my random thought would be to have longer hair. not too random of a thought though. But cinnamon hair, your hair is gorgeous!

Lize
March 14th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I got a hair compliment from my friends in school the other day. They said my hair has gotten "so much longer" :hollie: and that they have never seen me with hair longer than this (duh - I've only known them for one year). They also said this length really suits me. I was like.. "uhm.. I'm growing it out.." :D

Curlsgirl
March 14th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I have my hair in a low french braid today and it is pulling at the scalp :taz: It is starting to do that more often.

I love and hate my bangs too.

I think I am getting lazy and should wash my hair more often than I have been. Or perhaps I just added too much oil this time?:ponder:

redcelticcurls
March 14th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Typing persepctive is interesting. It seeems sometimes that a 1 or 2 will see more curl in another's hair than a 3 or 4. Someone will say, "Oh that is culry," where I am sitting here thinking, "Really? That looks so wavy/wurly..."

I've seen it on more than one hair board. The pespective thing is just interesting

FrannyG
March 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I'm in love with my grown out bangs now that they're a few inches below my chin. The go into a lot of my updos now, and they're never in the way. :inlove:

wolf girl
March 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
TB seems so far away....... sigh
Hair, please hurry......

Curlsgirl
March 17th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I love my hair today hence the posting of a "Are you having a good hair day?" thread.

(wonders why I quit using gel in the first place :ponder: )

2BThinAgain
March 17th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I'm a everyday CO person too.
It's great when a retired hairdresser says that my hair looks great...what a complement !!!! :):cheese:

Meli
March 17th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I visited a shopping center recently and suddenly came to think about how sad it is that you rarely see other longhairs... Among all people, the longest hairs I saw was a young girl with just past BSL hair and a guy with almost waistlength - and he was high-waisted and rather short for being a man... Most of the people had not even APL :undecided Oh well, perhaps I should just be happy to be the longest hair at the shopping center that day ;)

Patrycja
March 17th, 2008, 10:31 AM
My random thoughts today are:
I love it when I have waves,why don't they come out more often?What do I need to change?
I really need to learn how to do updos

Islandgrrl
March 17th, 2008, 10:36 AM
My Random Hair Thoughts today:

Wondering whether to trim the fringe back to something manageable or to let them continue to grow....not sure which looks better.

Not really a hair thought, but a hair TOY thought: I absolutely ACHE for my silver hair pin (it's lost almost 3 weeks now). I keep having these flashes of KNOWING it's nearby, but I can't pin it down (no pun intended there) and just FIND IT. I don't know why I'm so deeply affected by the loss of this toy, but I am.

Garnet66
March 17th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Exactly how long can I go without washing? I hate washing my hair. Not much of a thought is it?

tiny_teesha
March 25th, 2008, 07:03 AM
If i use monistat to the point where my growth doubles and never trim i will reach my goal in 2011 instead of 2013 (+ 6 months)!

Curlsgirl
March 25th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I THINK my hair is growing. I THINK it is. I wish I had taken old pics along the way with my hands on my waist to see it better. Sigh. If I ever get to waist I am throwing a party!:cheese:

Curlsgirl
March 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
My Random Hair Thoughts today:

Wondering whether to trim the fringe back to something manageable or to let them continue to grow....not sure which looks better.

Not really a hair thought, but a hair TOY thought: I absolutely ACHE for my silver hair pin (it's lost almost 3 weeks now). I keep having these flashes of KNOWING it's nearby, but I can't pin it down (no pun intended there) and just FIND IT. I don't know why I'm so deeply affected by the loss of this toy, but I am.I lost a Blondiesturn hair fork that I loved. It was one of the first hair toys I had bought that was high quality. I was pretty sick about it and I still look for it at times when I go through old stuff. It's been probably more than 2 years ago. What makes it REALLY sad is that you can't really get them anymore :( It really taught me to keep up with my hair toys better though. Hope you find yours!!!

rainkloud
March 25th, 2008, 10:50 AM
i am so so tired of pulling apart my vacuum to cut the hairs off that wrap around the brush...

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 01:11 AM
my random thoughts for today are;

why do people keep saying to me, 'are you growing your hair long?' well im hardly growing it short am i!!:p

and another why do people with grey hair say they dont like the grey and are going to dye it back to their natural colour, when their natural colour is now grey??:crazyq:

is it me or are these really silly things to say??:cheese:

doodlesmart
March 26th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Here, here! I CO everyday too!

If I did that I would never ever ever have dry hair ever. I love washing my hair too, but I really like having soft silky dry hair to run my fingers through as well.

I really need to stop with the hairtoys. That's my random thought for the day.

paper
March 26th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Can't wait for these layers to grow out! :yawn:

Jojo, love your random thoughts. :D

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Can't wait for these layers to grow out! :yawn:

Jojo, love your random thoughts. :D

lol true though isnt it? bit like saying 'have you seen the state of your face?' like how can you see your own face without looking in a mirror!!
Welcome to LHC xx:)

madisonclare
March 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM
My random thought: Why does my hair look so thin today? I didn't do anything different....maybe I SHOULD grow out my layers.

ladystar
March 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I can’t wait to wash this Monistat off my head, its starting to hurt having my hair up all wk. I also want to see some faster growth.

Lixie
March 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM
A girl in my class today said she's been wanting to ask me for ages the last time I cut my hair, but she didn't want to appear rude. I think it's really nice that although she was curious, she considered my feelings. She then went on to compliment my hair. :inlove:

jel
March 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
My hair looked crackly this morning so I misted it and lightly oiled. I should probably do an SMT, but can't really be bothered... Maybe add some honey to the second C when I wash tomorrow.

Hella
March 26th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I washed my hair this morning, using the products I used to use before I got scared that they might have had to do with the big shed. So, I used both a coney leave-in and coconut oil after washing with shampoo and using ACV. Hair dried rather quick. I just re-did my bun awhile ago and my hair felt really moisturised, thick and silky, but the bangs look horribly thin and are a bit static-y. Maybe it's the weather. I'm eager to see how my hair looks in the mirror in the evening when I re-do the bun for night.

Anabell
September 15th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Coconut oil is my favorite styling product. Every time I oil my hair before the wash day I get a good hair day. My hair is silky and a little weighted down so it behave and don't get everywhere and just stay nice behind my shoulders. It not greasy at all. It also reduce the tangles. May be I should start using it as a post wash oil as well (and then every days will be good hair day) but I really afraid from protein overload...

Anabell
November 16th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Since I join here a shampoo became a very chip thing because it took me so long to finish one bottle of it. On the other hand it became a great decision because I will be stuck with this shampoo for a long time. I just manage to finish the SLS free shampoo I bought last year. Yay for starting a new one :)

jacqueline101
November 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I'm thinking about the onion juice hair growth challenge. If I smell like onions Damien will move me out. Maybe I can find away to do it and not stink. Maybe Damien will let me use his party chopper.