PDA

View Full Version : Avocado...good hair mask ?

longcurlygirl<3
August 14th, 2011, 04:32 PM
So, I bought an avocado and want to do a mask for my hair because I have read that it is so moisturizing and I need that for my hair. So I was wondering how many ladies have done it? Was it good results? Is it better to but dry, wet straight from the shower, or lightly damp from a spritz of water from a water bottle?

kyandii
August 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I do them regularly on towel dried hair. :)

longcurlygirl<3
August 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I do them regularly on towel dried hair. :) Then you just put it on and then rinse with cold water as any DT right? Plus, does the smell linger if you put it on towel dried hair?:confused:

christine1989
August 14th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I've tried this twice- big mistake. What I did was put an avacado in a blender with a few drops od castor oil and a touch of conditioner then put it in damp hair for about an hour. It is really tough to wash out and actually made my hair more dry. Avacado oil on the other hand moisturizes my hair really well :confused:.

Raqdoll
August 14th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I've tried this twice- big mistake. What I did was put an avacado in a blender with a few drops od castor oil and a touch of conditioner then put it in damp hair for about an hour. It is really tough to wash out and actually made my hair more dry. Avacado oil on the other hand moisturizes my hair really well :confused:.

^ I had the same experience as well. I had a terrible, terrible time trying to get it out. I'll stick to Avocado oil from here on out.

longcurlygirl<3
August 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I've tried this twice- big mistake. What I did was put an avacado in a blender with a few drops od castor oil and a touch of conditioner then put it in damp hair for about an hour. It is really tough to wash out and actually made my hair more dry. Avacado oil on the other hand moisturizes my hair really well :confused:. That's what I was afraid of, because I read you can only put it on for 20 minutes or less because it gets sticky and hard to get out as you said. Were can I buy cheap enough but good avocado oil?

christine1989
August 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
That's what I was afraid of, because I read you can only put it on for 20 minutes or less because it gets sticky and hard to get out as you said. Were can I buy cheap enough but good avocado oil?

The store brand whole foods oil isn't too expensive and they have small bottles so you're not comitted to a big bottle if you don't like it. Whole avacado really is a PITA to get out of your hair even when blended smooth however the second time I did it I wore a shower cap to keep it from drying and that helped a little bit for washing it out. Regardless, I was picking dried bits of avacado off my scalp for days.

The first time I went to WF looking for avacado oil they actually gave me a free sample of it. I think they were amused that I was going to use it on my hair :laugh:.

longcurlygirl<3
August 14th, 2011, 05:10 PM
The first time I went to WF looking for avacado oil they actually gave me a free sample of it. I think they were amused that I was going to use it on my hair :laugh:. Bahaha I should go and try some :) thank you for writing your experience, I am going to do it now to get over it :p