PDA

View Full Version : broken hairs =(

titina0724
June 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
In Feb. I had a relaxer done and now all these little hairs by my forehead are broken!! Its a crown of them just sticking up. When I iron my hair it is very hard to get them to stay down. All they do is stick up. They are damaged badly. All I want to do is make them smoother and have them stop sticking up!!!

And no they are not new growth, they are damaged hairs

Do any of you know of any good treatments that can help!!?

thank you!!!

lora410
June 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I would suggest trimming them ,and ironining your hair is only contributing to them getting ever more fried.

titina0724
June 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
the thing is they are kind of short... do you really think trimming them would have them calm down?

lora410
June 27th, 2008, 03:00 PM
the thing is they are kind of short... do you really think trimming them would have them calm down?

Either that, or place some aloe gel on them until they grow out. Make sure it is 100% pure aloe vera you find in a health store that contains no alchol. Also do some deep oil treatments like warm olive oil or slather on some coconut oil for a few hours. Stay away from that flat iron!!

Riot Crrl
June 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM
It might also help to protect them well with a silk scarf or something while sleeping. I know my baby hairs just rub and rub on the pillow all night.

It sounds like they are breaking off at the transition line. The point where the curly regrowth meets the relaxer can have a lot of stress on it. It's probably being helped along by ironing.

Curlsgirl
June 27th, 2008, 03:24 PM
If you can stand bandanas or something I would suggest just leaving them alone after putting a little oil on them and just letting them grow out. NO heat at all or it will be worse. They may break off for a while but if you leave them alone they will be okay. NO more irons!!! They are almost the worst thing for your hair.